Hey, I've been playing electric guitar for 7 months now. I can play most basic songs, but i would like to learn some more complex songs, and solos. When i look at the tab for the solo it puts me off, then i try it, it feels like its taking ages, can anyone give me some good scales to learn, and if possible give me links to them. Thank You.
Quote by Krieg Commando
When i look at the tab for the solo it puts me off, then i try it, it feels like its taking ages, .

everything takes time and its gona take a while for you to play complex solos
Well it just depends if you think "Audioslave - doesnt remind me" is a complex solo, it doesnt sound it, but i struggle?
Nothing personal, but I usually forget every solo. . . even my own, luckily I keep them stored away on guitar pro files. . . .I usually listen to them before I go to a show so that I get the same general message across. . . . if it is another bands song, I wing it . . . hahaha.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
^ i'm the same way, i can remember the general jist of a solo and i have learned so many that i always get them jumbled and mixed up..... once i was doing the MOP solo and then went into the battery solo over it (and it sounded oddly good) but now i just wing it, i prefer comp'ing a solo on the spot instead of learning it and playing it the same way over and over and over, when i record a solo its what i do and i don't really have a way of remembering exactly how i played it.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/scales/scales_patterns.html

Thats probably the best UG article on scales, and remember you can move them all up and down the neck, so instead of a major, it's B major, or F major.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
. When i look at the tab for the solo it puts me off

I attempted far beyond the sun when I had been playing for 9 months and it turned out alot better then expected (not great mind you) you gotta push yourself to get better.. if you see something that looks hard keep on going and work it out.

anyone who dosn't believe me about the far beyond the sun thing at 9 months
check out the file here
http://tylerjrobwee.dmusic.com/
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive