I was checking out some new pick-ups n i was wondering if this is a good combination:

Bridge-Evo2 Bridge DP215

Middle-Super Distortion S DP218

Neck-Chopper DP184

The bridge pick-ups are humbuckers and the middle and neck are single strat-like pick-ups. I play 70's/80's rock and some metal (not death-metal). These cost about 300$ all together. If you know about another combination that's good plz tell me (and not EMG 81 and 85)
First of all what's your guitar made of? What amp do you have?
Second of all, all of those are really hot pickups. Perhaps even too hot for some 70s rock.

I would suggest a Super Distortion in the bridge. I dunno about the other too. The Super Distortion was the sound of the 70s and 80s basically.
Last edited by TimmyPage06 at Aug 7, 2006,
The guitar is made of Alder and i got Roland Cube 30 and Fender Sidekick Reverb (so old it isn't even made or sold anymore)

I know super distortion humbuckers kick ass in the bridge but the Evo2 are more indicated for what i want.
Quote by Stagg_300
The guitar is made of Alder and i got Roland Cube 30 and Fender Sidekick Reverb (so old it isn't even made or sold anymore)

I know super distortion humbuckers kick ass in the bridge but the Evo2 are more indicated for what i want.

The Evo's are very hot and trebly pickups. I suggest you play a guitar with them (a Jem, perhaps) before you make that decision.
I have a Chopper in the mid position on my Strat. Really nice. High output, rolled off high end. Big sound out of a single coil-sized humbucker.
Hi, I'm Peter
it's a dinky isn't it? go with a tone zone in the bridge. they sound like heaven.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Personally I wouldn't bother with high output pickups for a modeller... Especially a SD, those things are one of the muddiest pickups dimarzio does and unless you've got something to push you're not going to reap the benefit.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details