Okay, so the other day I was playing my guitar, and I went to adjust some settings on my Boss Bluesdriver.

When I stood back up and started to move away from my amp I stepped on one of my cords, and subsequently damaged it.

I'm not entirely sure as to what the problem is - it appears as though there was a rip in the outter rubber surrounding the wires, but I'm not sure what the matter internally may be.

I took out the cord and plugged it back in, and moved back and forth to see if I could get anything out of it.

At some points I was able to get sound to come through, while at others I was not.

I think that there's a possibilty that I (somehow) totally ****ed the wires and pulled one apart, and I can only get sound when I'm in the right spots so that the two different wires are touching.

Is there anyway I can check to see what the problem is to possibly avoid spending money on a new cord?

Thankfully I can still play with my amp, but without my pedal.

Any help is appreciated.
ive done that before... sorta. you can make it work by fiddling but sooner or later its gonna completely go.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
i hav the same problem - i damaged my guitar lead n its still like that - but it works if u keep it in a certain position its kinda wierd lol i think u should get another one cos thats exactly wt im gonna do. (my guitar lead was from wal-mart so i guess its had its life)
Yeah, that's what I thought.

I've never really had any problems with any of my gear before, so I wasn't sure of what to do.

I mean, cords are fairly cheap, but I usually don't have money, and my parents probably won't want to spend any money on guitar-related equipment for me.
Just NEVER buy planetwaves cables, they always break.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
You could always try to solder the broken parts back together, but I'd just recommend getting a Monster cable- they have lifetime warrentys on them.
Quote by Link47
You could always try to solder the broken parts back together, but I'd just recommend getting a Monster cable- they have lifetime warrentys on them.

I was gonna say the same thing.