Is This Correct ....chords Are Derived Form The Major Scale ....suppose We Take C Major Scale For Instance .... The Notes Are Cdefgabc ...here C F And G Ie 1 4 5 Are The Major Chords And A D And E Ie 2 3 6 Become The Minor Chords ...and B The Diminished .....1 4 And 5 Can Be Only Major Chords Where As 2 3 And 6 Can Be Major Or Minor .........am I Right ?
there's more to it then that, for example, augmented and suspended chords...but you have the right idea about the major, minor, diminished order

chords can also be derived from other scales, but they are always compared back to the major
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Threadstarter, your capitalization habits make your posts awkward to read

There's a lesson or column on this site somewhere called "What Chords Are in What Key and Why". It will be a HUGE help to you, I think.
well ...sorry about that power half ..yes i read that article .....but im still confused .....thanks axe ....i didnt understand what u ment by "chords can also be derived from other scales"...is there a lesson u know that i can refer to help me out on it ? ...
Quote by inlovewithmusic
well ...sorry about that power half ..yes i read that article .....but im still confused .....thanks axe ....i didnt understand what u ment by "chords can also be derived from other scales"...is there a lesson u know that i can refer to help me out on it ? ...
Here are two lessons that should help you get started...

Basic Triads

Diatonic Triads

Please send me a PM if you have questions...

gpb
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.