sorry i wasn't sure if this could go here or it should go in the pit (and considering the people in the pit would i want it there??) anyways, anyone ever dream about playing guitar, like literally while you're sleeping? anyone ever play something in their dream and wake up and play it and it sounds the same? please let me know as i find this phenomenon really interesting and would like to find a way to incorporate this into practice. please share any experiences, thanks!
thats how Keith Richards came up with the riff for (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
i actually had a dream about myself playing guitar but it turns out i wasn't dreaming i just fell asleep with my guitar - true story

but i heard that musical geniuses set time aside to just "meditate" and let ideas come to them, possibly from other energies around them...it actually works, as long as there's no tv flaring in the next room
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
^ I might try meditating again, i used to do that alot, i think it was around the same time as i would have the dreams so that may definately have something to do with it. and i've fallen asleep playing guitar too and would wake up playing real simple stuff...
Well I've had dreams in which I composed something and when I woke up I just wrote it down on sheet music. When i played it back truned out it was ****. apparently my dreaming mind distorted my sense of music.