I want a whammy pedal, and I've found two. One is the whammy 4, which about $120 used. The other is the whammy-wah for about $90 used, which apparently has a whammy and a wah, which I don't really need because I already have a wah. Which one should I get. I'm going for a Ed O'Brien/Johnny Greenwood/Jack White/Tom Morello type of sound. i think I should get the whammy 4.
theres a whammy wah?!?!
get that (but ONLY if it has all the same features as the other.
if its just a wah, then get the other one
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
yeah get the whammy 4. The whammy wah (which korn use) isn't anywhere near as good in my opinion, all of those guitarists above use original whammy wh-1s as far as i know but these go for a lot more and the whammy 4 in my opinion is equally as good, with more settings and an led so you can see what setting you are on during the dark, very handy as i know. Plus the sound of the whammy 4 is not that noticably different from the original whammy which will set you probably about another couple hundred ontop of that $120

Hope that helps
Gear:
SQ Custom 1, Washburn G-JRVs x3, Yamaha ERG121C, Samick Interceptor, Encore Acoustic, Vintage 5 String Bass, Unbranded Red Bass.
Line 6 SpiderII Halfstack, Laney/Carlsboro Halfstack.
Crybaby,Whammy,Flanger,Stage Tuner,Tremolo,Bass Overdrive
the digitech whammy. whatever the newest one is. it kicks major butt.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Digitech Whammy for $199. Puts all other Whammy pedals to shame
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail