Page 1 of 2
I was wondering what would would be a decent guitar for thrash metal,Power Metal and classic metal/hard rock around the $1000 price range. I was thinking about getting the Ibanez RG1570 but I'm not sure. Any Suggestions?
Jackson SL3 soloist.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Quote by captaincool
i got a esp ltd m100-fm for 279 it great

You can get MUCH better guitars than that for a grand.

JACKSON

schecter c1 hellraiser
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by mysteriousmunky
bc rich warlock or beast both have great tone and look good

^^^ these are both terrible guitars. The ibanez your looking at is good but the PUP's are not good. The soloist has great PUP's in it.

JACKSON

actually the high end BC Rich neck thrus (the ones in his price range) are pretty good guitars if you like that sort of thing. Id look for a Used gibson SG standard i play metal and its my favorite for it, but its really down to preference.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
esp viper

its ****ing amazing. list price is $1800 but most places will sell it around $1200. i got mine for $1000.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
actually the high end BC Rich neck thrus (the ones in his price range) are pretty good guitars if you like that sort of thing. Id look for a Used gibson SG standard i play metal and its my favorite for it, but its really down to preference.

There are better guitars in his price range than B.C. Rich's and SG's. A SG would be alright but it's not the best metal guitar.

JACKSON

Quote by tard on tour
i dont see how someone plays guitar without inlays...

Well there are side inlays on the side of the neck.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ i def. agree with that comment. lol. Who would get a BC rich or an agathis ltd with a 1000 dollar budget? Anways, i'd suggest a Schecter Hellraiser, either floyd or non-floyd version, Ibanez RG prestige, Ibanez S470 with pup change, ESP LTD EX-400, ESP EC-1000

hell raiser has a fat neck not the best for metal

id say RG , or M-1000
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by Jackson523
^^^ these are both terrible guitars. The ibanez your looking at is good but the PUP's are not good. The soloist has great PUP's in it.

Yeh, but you failed to mention the jackson has a ****ty LFR trem, standard neck joint, AND 350$ more than the 1570... AND the 1570 includes a case.

If the SL3 was the 1570s price the 1570 would still be a better buy.

Ibanez has a better thinner neck, AANJ, a WAY better trem( i should stress this ), includes a case, and 350$ cheaper.

1570>SL3
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Yeh, but you failed to mention the jackson has a ****ty LFR trem, standard neck joint, AND 350$ more than the 1570... AND the 1570 includes a case.

If the SL3 was the 1570s price the 1570 would still be a better buy.

Ibanez has a better thinner neck, AANJ, a WAY better trem( i should stress this ), includes a case, and 350$ cheaper.

1570>SL3

soloists seem like they have a smaller body too...feels kinda funky too me

i second the 1570>sl3

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I'm probably gonna get either the Ibanez or the Jackson. Thanks for all the help.
Go for the Ibanez, for sure.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by numbfinger
hell raiser has a fat neck not the best for metal

id say RG , or M-1000

I don't get the whole thick/thin, painted/unfinished, having a huge effect on speed, other than the individuals personal preference. Some guys must have sweaty hands or something, because I don't have problems moving on a painted neck. Depending on the shape of your hand and length of fingers, a fatter neck might be "easier" to fret and move fast on. I think it's all down to the individual what's "fast" or "slow" for them. The Schecter necks are actually a little more comfortable for me, since I have small fingers, and a larger palm.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by captaincool
i got a esp ltd m100-fm for 279 it great

the man said he has $1000. why the hell would he want that ****?
Quote by Erock503
I don't get the whole thick/thin, painted/unfinished, having a huge effect on speed, other than the individuals personal preference. Some guys must have sweaty hands or something, because I don't have problems moving on a painted neck. Depending on the shape of your hand and length of fingers, a fatter neck might be "easier" to fret and move fast on. I think it's all down to the individual what's "fast" or "slow" for them. The Schecter necks are actually a little more comfortable for me, since I have small fingers, and a larger palm.

well i have a fat blackjack painted neck and its fine...but im alot fast with less effert on a thinner non-painted neck..

i also have a huge palm and (not short fingers but not long)

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by The way to hate
Are you ****ing retarded?

the NTs arnt bad..and do look badass

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
if you want a trem, Washburn X40
no trem Washburn X50.

i should make an essay for each one of these and why they are superior to schecters.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
i dont think washburns are better than schecters, they kick the **** out of every ibanez ive ever played though. And yes the Washburn X50 is a very kickass guitar.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
In my opinion, you can't get a better guitar for less than a thousand dollars than a Carvin, and in my life, I have owned a total of

(counts)

15 guitars, including a 1990 PRS Custom.
I love my RG1570, perfect guitar for playing metal IMO, new it's 750 and then you can afford to get a nice pickup replacement and have the perfect guitar for metal
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by pierce34celtic
I'd like to see those, I don't think that an alder, bolt on with duncans is better than mahogany set neck with EMG's and an OFR.

the neck is preference, most FR guitars i see are bolt on.

and the trem is a schaller trem and everyone who owns one says they are superior to OFR trems. and the duncans can do (in my opinion) more than EMG's can. they are 650 dollars as well. what guitar are you comparing this to?

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by pierce34celtic
Hellraiser FR

yea, for the cost of that, you can srop some EMG's in the X40 and probably come out ahead with the washburn. (if you sell the duncans, you might be about 100 dollars less than the schecter)

Quote by steven seagull
Last edited by tubadude at Aug 7, 2006,
Quote by tard on tour
i dont see how someone plays guitar without inlays...

U need to see my 7 string washburn, from switchign back and forth between a 21 fret, 22 fret, and 24 frets i kept missing the 20th fret in the As I Am solo, so on my seven string i covered the whole 20th fret in white out. i'll never miss it now.

As for guitars. Any Deluxe LTD will kick some ass. The Edwards guitar from japan has some really sick looking guitars (old style exploers, and the forest series on steroids)

SG menace, SG goth, Explorer, Flying V

Ibanez 1570, S series, Prestige series, you might want to try out a 7 string at a shop and see how you like it. You can pick up a used Jem or Universe on ebay for about $1000.

Dean Razorback

Schecter classic, hellraiser

check out Parker, they might look a little funny but they seem like great guitars

I've played a Michale Kelly guitar, the flat black les paul type thing, is one of the best guitars i've ever played and its like $400.

way too many guitars out there, try out as many as possible.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Page 1 of 2