I want to get a good, fairly inexpensive distortion pedal. I have no affects on my amps either and no pedals as of date, so a distortion pedal that also has affects would be cool (if there is such a thing). I'm looking for any suggestions. I play mainly a 2001 Gibson Les Paul Junior, a 2000 Epiphone Les Paul Studio, and play through a Peavey Rage 158 for practice and an old Fender Bassman 50 when I want to get loud.
how much money are you looking to spend and what music do you play
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Nobels makes great Overdrive pedals. The Overdrive-Special is about 70$ US, and they also have cheaper models.
BOSS DS-2. im OBSESSED with this pedal. ill never EVER use an amp distorion ever again.
even if i bought a mese dual rectifier, id STILL use the ds-2.
I LOVE IT!!!!!
i no longer buy amps based on good cleans or distortion, i buy it to see if it can keep up with my BOSS!
EDIT: i am not endorsed by BOSS, Roland, or any of their subsidaries.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Aug 7, 2006,
^ Lol. That good, eh?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by danzig-_-
BOSS DS-2. im OBSESSED with this pedal. ill never EVER use an amp distorion ever again.
I LOVE IT!!!!!
i no longer buy amps based on good cleans or distortion, i buy it to see if it can keep up with my BOSS!

you need to get out more...and play some real amps.

Its a cool pedal...but not that good...jeez.
yep. turbo distortion all the way.
EDIT: WHATEVER!!! i dont wanna use amp distortion because once i switch amps, the tone is different with each amp.
i love the distortion i have now.
GET THE PEDAL!!!!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I got a digitech hot head pedal. And I'm happy with it. It gives out a nice tube distortion.
I have an EH Metal Muff, best distortion pedal ive ever used, if you dont play metal you probably wouldnt like it though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The Boss BD-2 is the best distortion pedal I've ever used.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Boss ds-1 and bd2 is what i use. I suggest that you go to your music store and just try out as many pedals as you can there and make the choice for yourself. (ps the ds1 was 60$ or so and the bd2 was 110$). I also like ibanez tubescreamers but there more expensive.
Call me Jack
Quote by danzig-_-
yep. turbo distortion all the way.
EDIT: WHATEVER!!! i dont wanna use amp distortion because once i switch amps, the tone is different with each amp.
i love the distortion i have now.
GET THE PEDAL!!!!

lol jeez settle down mang. Besides...youd probably change your mind if you were cranked through real amps.
I play a lot of punk, pop-punk, and classic rock that I need good distortion for. Thanks for the ideas so far.
Quote by danzig-_-
I LOVE IT!!!!!

if you're not endorsed, then you must be an idiot.

what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by cmickd06
I got a digitech hot head pedal. And I'm happy with it. It gives out a nice tube distortion.

umm...no. I had one and it was just extra noise running into a POS half stack. My Marshall sounds so much better. It DOESNT sound like a tube amp! JUst random noise
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!