Although I've heard of it, I'm not sure what rockabilly is. What is it most reliant on, like great cleans, or a heavy overdrive? Also, what kind of budget?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'm looking for pretty good cleans, and not too heavy of an overdrive if you get my drift. budget is around 400-550 bucks.
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> < Ratmonkey?
Bassman's are the standard for rockabilly. In your budget a Blues Jr. would probably cut it, or another Fender. Isn't psychobilly Billy Lane's nickname? I've never heard of it as a genre.
Marshall Plexi or JCM900 would probably cut it. Try looking at some all-tube Fender. Also, Epiphone has a new tube amp out that's probably worth checking out. I can't remember the name, but a lot of the board users have been talking about it.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
fender hot rod deluxe or deville...lol..seems like i always recommend this amp for almost anything..lol..but yea..the amp is just that good man...but anyways..it will do rockabilly with ease man..has nice cleans..and an overdrive pedal infront of it will drive it enough to get the tone u want.
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
nah, social d is just more of a rock and roll influenced punk band (but not rockabilly ) Its hard for me to consider a band rockabilly or any kind of -billy without the upright bass. BTW Mike Ness gets a really sexy sound from his bassman head.
Quote by yeahyeah
nah, social d is just more of a rock and roll influenced punk band (but not rockabilly ) Its hard for me to consider a band rockabilly or any kind of -billy without the upright bass. BTW Mike Ness gets a really sexy sound from his bassman head.

i thoght hhe used marshall?!?!
You can pick up a silverfacce Bassman on eBay for 300-450 bucks pretty easily. My '68 Bassman was 350.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Rockabilly is more like Stray Cats.

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Bassman, Blues Jr (depending on money)
Peavey Classic 30
Ampeg Reverberocket
Carvin Vintage 30, Nomad
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by llanafreak44
i thoght hhe used marshall?!?!

He uses a bassman through a marshall cab, or he used to. I think the other guitarist might use marshalls though.
just get a Nomad, honestly

beats up the fender deluxe, peavey classic, and those ampegs have serious reliabiltiy issues, but the bassman should be a great option
-Mike
Quote by yeahyeah
He uses a bassman through a marshall cab, or he used to. I think the other guitarist might use marshalls though.

oh yeah rest in peace dennis
I've been using a Fender Blues Deluxe, 45watts, 1X12", reverb, clean/dirty channel(shared EQ), effects loop, with my band(the Deadcats/Vancouver,Canada)http://www.myspace.com/deadcats We play Instro-Surf,Rockabilly,Psychobilly and Garage-Punk. It's actually a bit loud, I don't normally push it past halfway. I've used a Blues jr quite a bit and it's enough for most gigs but the Deluxe has more headroom and the channel switching option is handy. I don't use a distortion/fuzz pedal. It was $700 Cdn, brand new in 07.
Peavey tweed amps(used) are a pretty good deal, they make one w/ a 15" spkr, Ampegs and I tried a Laney Cub 10, made in China. Seems like a great practice/recording amp for $300 new.
Don't let the bells and whistles sway you, the simpler, the better. Go to a music store and compare side by side, with the guitar you are using. I'd stay away from silver face and red knob Fenders.