so i was drilling holes today to mount the trem on me and a freinds strat project and i accedently drilled some of the holes slightly off, so now the trem is sitting at an angle. can i just fill them with putty and sand and then re-do it?
yes....but imo, wood dowels would do better. just put em in with some carpenter's glue, and you're good to go.
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.
well actually you should use some epoxy, ti will make the whole essembly stronger because the epoxy is way stronger than the wood, they sell it at the hardware store, problaby in the paint section.
~jacob t.
Wood glue will work fine, since you'll be cutting and sanding the dowels down flush I wouldnt worry about how strong it is. The holes you drilled wouldnt be big enough to make the body weak in some way. And for future reference, dont put sand in glue like that, saw dust would work better.
Wood glue>epoxy in my experience. Epoxy always seems to gum up and go all gross whenever I use it, but maybe that's just me.

In any event dowels should be fine for your purposes.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
ya the holes shouldnt be big enough to make anything weak. so uhh maybe stupid question but can i use toothpicks? its about the same size, and id rather not run to the hardware store for something so small.
Yeah toothpicks should work. You may have to put wood filler over them to smooth out any holes left in between the toothpicks and the body. But yeah it should work the same.
^^^ yea epoxy can be a pain if you dont get the right ratio of hardener to resin but think of it this way the stuff is strong enough to glue a car to the ground, perminently, so it will work for filling a hole quite well, for a person who hasnt used epoxy before definately get the kind in the dual sarenge because it gets alot closer to a perfect 1/1 ratio that youll need.
~jacob t.
Titebond is 'stronger' than wood itself, i'm not too sure about epoxy. I'd never use epoxy for anything structural, i'd always go to titebond first.

Your best bet is buy dowels in the correct size, krazy glue(ca glue)((also sold at the hardware store)) them in and level them. Fill in any gaps with CA, level it and re-drill.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
i'm gonna have to go with with chris (^him^) on this one, i would rather fill the hole with wood than some kind of gloopy glue even if it is strong snough to 'stick a car to the ground permanently'
Yep, and forgot to mention epoxy is essentially for sticking two pieces of different material together i.e concrete & wood, wood & steel, etc.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
i got a dowel today and its a good fit so it should work fine, ive used epoxy a few times, i have one of those double serenge types somewhere around here but i think ill just go with wood glue since its not a major fix. thanks again for all the help.
Last edited by AlexSgrocks at Aug 8, 2006,