i think i posess enough skill to tackle the theory. does anybody know any books or DVDs that i can get at guitar center that would help me wit it?
Once again, Berklee's modern method for guitar series, Tonal harmony by stefan kostka and dorothy payne(college book), Music theory harpercollins college outline by george jones, search online for jim sutton institute of guitar, good guy he is, he'll help you. . . and take his theory course. . . . . that is a good start.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Berklee Modern Method for guitar
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
For notation, I recommend William Leavitt's Modern Method for Guitar

For theory, I recommend Mark Levine's Jazz Theory

Yes, the theory book rocks. Don't ask, just buy.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Do you have to be able to read music to use Mark Levine's Jazz Theory?
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by ifeastonbums
Do you have to be able to read music to use Mark Levine's Jazz Theory?
Standard notation is the written language of music theory. Every musician needs to learn to read standard notation - this is a no-brainer.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Well I am still bad at sight reading (that's what the modern method is helping me with) but I can get through that book because I can read the notes. You only need to be able to read them fast enough so you don't spend 30 minutes on understanding one example. Especially the topics about reharmonization contain things I've never encountered anywhere else in such a detailed form.
Either learn to read music, become decent at it, or you better start doing a lot of ear training exercises and have well beyond good pitch.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris