I hope I'm in the right forum for this... I don't know much about tone and am having a lot of trouble finding something I like. I run a Strat through a GT-6 and usually play through headphones. I absolutely love John Frusciante's tone and I want to use it as a starting point, but I have no clue how to get there. Any help would really be appreciated. The more specific the better. Tone is the one part of the guitar that completely escapes me.

Also, if there's a good reference for what all the tone controls do someone could link to, that'd be great. Most manuals I find use really technical sound terms... I really need something in simple terms, you know?

Thanks
Hmm. If you use the neck pickup on your strat and set your EQ to about Bass: 4, Mid: 5, Treble: 8 then you should get close. That was off the top of my head though, so don't expect anything fantastic.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I need some serious help. Does anyone know how to get JF's tone on If You Have To Ask off of B.S.S.M? If someone could tell me his amp settings and pedals he uses. (pedal settings too if thats possible) If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. =) I really want to get that clean funky guitar tone he has live and in the studio.