hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this guitar. It was my dad's and hasn't been used in over 20 years. From what I could find on the net, it was made between 77-80. Has anyone played this model before? The action is quite bad on it in my opinion, I can't make a bar chord to save my life. Is there anyway to adjust the action on it? It's a pretty cool lookin guitar...In fact, I found a guitar on ebay that I am pretty sure is the same one I have, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320009660307&indexURL=

That one went for $150. Does anyone know if that's about what it is worth?

Any information would be great!
I couldnt tell you what its worth, but if my dad gave it to me i would keep it like its priceless. For the action, i say take it in to have it cleaned and set-up. Here in california, a job like that only runs 80.00 (us) or so.
Understandable.. its more of a question for my dad though I guess.. I mean, it's still his pretty much, he just doesn't play it. He quit playin a long time ago, and when I started playin guitar he picked mine up and couldnt believe how easy it was to play compared to his old one. So he's also thinking about trading it in or selling it so he can get something else. But if the action could be fixed that would be an option also. So were just trying to get an idea of whether or not it's a decent guitar so we can weigh all of the options.
Hey bro, I just fixed up my mom's Yamaha 336 SB and the action was SUPER high on it, and all I had to do was straighten the truss rod on it. I don't know if that would fix it for you or not without seeing the guitar.
You would most definitely need a neck reset. I have my dad's old 73 FG-360, thing is an absolute beauty. I spent almost $300 on a neck reset, refret, nut/saddle replacement and some body work. Well worth every penny. That aged sound is just incredible.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
the neck on that thing is made of nato, which is very flexible, if you clamp the body down or have someone hold it you can bend the neck back while tightening the truss rod. If that doesn't fix the problem then it needs a neck reset, but chances are if nothing's broke that will fix the problem. Loosen the truss rod all the way first and experiment with bending the neck back different amounts until the action is perfect.

also humidify it