So I was playing my guitar, and suddenly, my low E started to un-wind. So I bought some new strings, then when I try to replace it, a chunk of my nut comes off. Is there any way to replace my busted nut?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ΣΔΤ ΜΣ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Halo 2
Hockey
These piha teams don't do that through the legs ditzie-doodle.

Zeitgeist
buy a new one, and put it in.

simple as that. unless you got a guitar with the fieten system on it.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
i took some cutters (ones you would cut strings with) grab, and pull up.

no biggie.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
with a hammer
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
i came here thinking u got tippied.

unless ur shure wat ur doing, u mite not wanna mess around with the nut on your own, unles u hav a luthier friend or a cheap repair shop near by
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
"unless ur shure wat ur doing, u mite not wanna mess around with the nut on your own, unles u hav a luthier friend or a cheap repair shop near by"

I agree with this cat. If you don't know what you're doing you can seriously mess up your intonation and general sound. Take it to a shop or a luthier friend.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
^ Ya me to especially all over a hot bitch its the greatest.

Honestly though its nothing big its not rocket science. Take some pliers and pull it out then buy a new nut and some special glue for the purpose and glue another on.

You may want to ask the guys in the Customization forum
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
you might want to leave the strings on there until u order the new nut, the pros on that, u leave the guitar strung longer.
the con would be that u cant use the old nut as a comparison to the new one.

score the edge of the nut first, tap the nut out with a small screw driver and a light hammer. if there seems to be alot of glue on it, u might want to heat it with a hair dryer first.

buy a precut nut.
use the old nut, compare it in size to the new one. file the new one to fit by taping sand paper to a table and running the flat side of the nut over it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by CustomCustom
did you light up a smoke afterwards then roll over and go to sleep?

I've learned that its better to light up before.