I've been thinking of buying one of these two, and my main criteria is the neck.
I have a Les Paul with a mahogany neck, which I actually don't like, I think it's too sticky to play metal with, if you know what I mean. I bought it 4-5 years ago because it's very versatile, but now I need a guitar for metal.

After seeing pics of the MH-400 it strikes me that the neck looks quite like the Les Paul (Gibson, btw), even tho the material is different. The RG1570 looks like it has the neck I am after, the same as on a Vigier Excalibur (like, it looks like plain wood, dunno the english word for it.. )

Any thoughts?

edit:

MS-400 neck - http://www.guitartrader.com/itm_img/EGESRH-MH400BLU-f.jpg
RG1570 neck - http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/de/80/de_12.JPG
Last edited by kornfake at Aug 7, 2006,
the MH400 has a sticky finished neck but a nice blue quilt finish and arched top. The Ibanez has a matte satin finished neck that doesnt stick.
Ah ok.. Sticky = not good I loved the feel of the Vigier neck and I assume that's what the Ibanez is made of as well.
Oh, and one more thing: Is there any difference in buying a RG1570 from 2003 or 2006? And does it matter where it was made?
I think you mean the neck of an RG is unfinished while the MH400 has that blue finish
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
I hate lacquered necks..

The 1570 has one of the thinnest necks in the business.

18mm at the 1st fret. Only ones thinner i can think of are the original Ibanez Wizard and maybe Vigier necks( not sure )
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Well tone wise, The ESP/LTD is probably better (*cough* wood *cough*)
but the 1570's neck is thinner,

Of course the MH is neck through

and you must also note that necks won't speed up a ****ty player.
I play metal and while I love the feel of a nice thin neck (as well as gibson necks)

It shouldn't keep you from buying the tonally superiour guitar, which is the MH
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
The MH 400 sounded decidedly thin and souless to my ear after playing it right behind an LTD EC1000 with Duncans thru a Crate Blue Voodoo half stack. This could be partly due to the EMGs and/or the piece o crap trem. An RG1570 with pickup swap will sound better.
Quote by Striketalonx
Well tone wise, The ESP/LTD is probably better (*cough* wood *cough*)
but the 1570's neck is thinner,

Of course the MH is neck through

and you must also note that necks won't speed up a ****ty player.
I play metal and while I love the feel of a nice thin neck (as well as gibson necks)

It shouldn't keep you from buying the tonally superiour guitar, which is the MH

Tone wise better? How is that?

I prefer basswood to mahogony tone wise, its all prefernece son.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
What about where the guitar is made? Is Japan good or bad?

And any difference in the 2003 and 2006-models?
Japan = Goood ~

Hmm, 2003, 2006, only the color is different. 2003 doesnt have mirage finishes, they have normal ones instead. Royal Blue and Grey Nickel.

As for the trem, 2003 is the year Ibanez changed the old Edge Pro to a new one. Well, you know how 1st timers usually come and they will be improved much later in the future (2006). But you'll be the judge of that, for me, its still the same, good quality and decent trem.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic