Hello all,

This is upsetting me because I just bought this guitar but it is going out of tune when I bend, I think it is the screws that are in where I circled in red in the picture I attached, I tried tightening one of them, but that didn't work. Where should these screws be and how tightened?
Attachments:
untitled.JPG
it could just be that the strings havent been played on much and need time to settle in. do a few bends on all the strings, and pull them out from the body of the guitar gently just to stretch them a bit and maybe that will help them settle in a bit. i find that when i get new strings it doesnt stay in tune properly until the strings have been worn in a little bit
so the screws on the bridge have nothing to do with the string going out of tune when I bend?
does it have new strings?
cause yea thats what all guitars do when they are new lol
just give it a week or so it should be fine dotn worry about tighning screws you'll just end up stripping them
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Samick Corsair (custom evh paint job)
Bever Creek Acoustic
Boss DS-1
Behringer Bx108
Behringer Kx1200
yes, brand new strings, brand new guitar, i was worried but i just did what you said and stretched them away from the neck until i heard a little click....

thanks man i was freaking out cause i thought i bought a **** guitar haha
Yeah, just do what everyone else said. Those screws on the bridge are either for adjusting the action (string height) of your guitar, or for intonation (I can't tell which screws you're referring to)
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
New string need to be stretched out. Take the string around the 12th fret give it a couple of tugs retune then keep repeating untill it stops going out of tune
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I do it differently, I keep bending as high as possible without breaking the strings, then retune.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
wierd ive never managed to break a string by bending... it just continues to pull the pegs outta tune.

maybe i dont have strong pegs? also ive managed to bend one string passed 3...3 strings!

i have a squier mini that sux and am going to pawn off for a esp.
damn cheap kiddy guitars and the parents that get them.

but o well gotta start somewhere
I AM THE DEMUN OF METAL BWAHAHA
Bwahaha Feel My PoWeRgrrr
Member2BoycottMcdonaldsGroup pm rockergurl09 2join
Verdammt Zuhalter, Abhanden kommen!
demun: D,ee,Muhn-similar to a demi-god only opposite as a half human half demon.
if theyre old strings they'll go out of tune, if you didnt wind it around the tuning post enough(I do it 3 times) it'll go out of tune and if the strings are new bend each stirng then re tune them and repeat that process about 3 times and other than that I dont see what could be making it go out of tune.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Exactly what kind of guitar is it? I can see its obviously some kind of Strat.

And dont mess with the sh1t on the bridge if you dont know what the hell youre doing man...its just going to eff up your guitar.
Make sure your strings are new and wound tightly around the tuners.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Exactly what kind of guitar is it? I can see its obviously some kind of Strat.

looks like a fender special edition koa strat to me
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Don't "TUG" your strings, just a couple of bends could do it. In fact, play as you normally would, only tune every five minutes or so for a while.

And uh, you stretched them away from the neck untill you heard a click? that might have been something breaking.
Quote by Revhain
Don't "TUG" your strings, just a couple of bends could do it. In fact, play as you normally would, only tune every five minutes or so for a while.

And uh, you stretched them away from the neck untill you heard a click? that might have been something breaking.

a click as in the strings tightening.

it's good now I just pulled the strings away from the neck a little bit and retuned and now it is fine..
what i do when i get a new guitar or new strings is, i tune them up like a step and a half and wait a while(minute or two) and then tune back to the prefered tuning...