3.graphtech nut
4.graphtech string trees
5.new pups
6.new electronics
7.new pickguard (black)
8.locking tuners
9.silver knobs

all hardware will be black

tell me what u like/dislike and ill keep u updated!
Im not sure about wilkinson, but I definately think a wilkonson on a Godin would be amazing. Also make sure you put good locking tuners because my Godin never stays in tune. I will be at a show and tune it right before i play, then magically its out of tune...
I dont think cuttig a pickguard is hard. Ask Jenny, she just cut one for covering a place she cut out of her guitar so it was lighter. And you need a router for cutting pickup holes I think.
Quote by DBS_KICKS_ASS
how hard is it to cut a new pickguard? what would i need for cutting the pup holes?

do u have a router?

if it's going to be visible, to do it right u should use a template, and trace over it with a router.

mine was on the back, so i took my time was able to shape it with a dremel.

the routing for the inside cavity was done with a forstner drill bit and a hand held drill.

dont think i would use anything held held for the front of a guitar tho. just not as exact.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
epi studio, vintage brown.

sorry TS this is really my only pic of front of it. off to left.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

if ur cutting the edges ull want a nice bevel to it. if ur just cutting out a hole for a humbucker, its probably cheaper buying a premade one.

if ur just looking to cut a pickup hole u can use a thin saw and a template. it comes out a little rough looking tho.

yes u can make templates. there are sites where u can download then transfre the picture to a home made wood plank. something that will hold up to a drill.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 9, 2006,
oh ok, stewmac.com and other online sites does have custom pickguards u can order.

but if ur doing it urself, u would use ur current guard as a template guard and let me see if i can find a helpful site...

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Pickguards/Routing_bits/1/Pickguard_Bevel_Cutter/Instructions/I-5243.html

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Routing_templates/1/Pickup_Control_Cavity_Routing_Template_Set/Related_items.html#details
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 9, 2006,
yeah, maybe modding the current guard will come out better than making one from scratch. (using plastic to fill the hole) because without that router bit, its not going to have a "finished" look.
and the router and bit will cost more than the guard will.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah, its hard to paint plastic. but u can probably find some black guard that u can cut to fit.
can probably put duct tape behind the guard sticky part facing out and stick the new plastic to the tape to hold it in there.

cheap but effective.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yep sounds good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

well give it a shot, pick up a blank guard at stewmac or some place, make a template from the old guard, its all good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok, i havent gotten really anything done yet, i have no source of income right now. also, sorry for no pics, my cameras been missing for about a month. i HAVE decided im going to add a mid boost circuit to the tone pot. http://store.guitarfetish.com/midbocictoat.html

i need help deciding on a color, i want to do a dye, but i cant decide.(right now its a see throughish blue)