hey there, i wanna install a floyd rose on my dime guitar. Wheres the best place to purchase one and how much am I looking at for an installation fee? Is it worth it? Heres a pic of the axe.

Last edited by imbackagain2 at Aug 7, 2006,
i particularly like the ones from guitar fetish...i think they're between 60-70 bucks, and there's no installation fee, if you're good with a router. honestly though...that thing's a beauty, and i wouldn't put a floyd on it. i would, however, put a dimebucker in there, and speed knobs.
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.
put a Bill Lawrence P/U that Dime used(forgot the model) and if you were gonna but a floyd on it it would require routing unless you take it to your store
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
**** Floyd roses. I say leave the guitar how it is. The installation and bridge would end up costing more than the guitar is worth. Lookie was thinking of the Bill lawrence 500xl Pickup. Much better then the Dimebucker.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Quote by IPLAYBASS
**** Floyd roses. I say leave the guitar how it is. The installation and bridge would end up costing more than the guitar is worth. Lookie was thinking of the Bill lawrence 500xl Pickup. Much better then the Dimebucker.

There we go thanks
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
yea definately bill lawrence XL-500 in bridge, could possibly match it with a lawrence L-500R for the neck. Oh yea and the dime traction knobs would be a nice touch if you can get hold of some
Nice pick for p/u's, I had a lawrence 500-XL on my Washburn (dime 333). I eventually gave it up though. I just didn't need that much output anymore. If you're goin' for the Dime setup, I suggest a Duncan '59 at the neck. It's a pretty sweet combo.

As for the Floyd, there's really nothing like the original. You can find 'em for around $150 or so, and they're well worth the money. Hardened Stainless Steel, Heat treated so they last, and can take alot of abuse. Your only other major issue, of course is the routing. Find a professional shop and see what they say. They may even have the bridge & nut in stock!!
i personally like kahler bridges better, like a kahler spider. they look better (in my opinion) sound better (in my opinion) and are of higher quality since they are pressed instead of forged.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
yea definately bill lawrence XL-500 in bridge, could possibly match it with a lawrence L-500R for the neck. Oh yea and the dime traction knobs would be a nice touch if you can get hold of some

all you do is you take a soldering iron, and make holes in the side of the knobs. its alot cheaper and thats what dime did.

makes me mad that dean can charge more money for 2 pieces of tape and holes made by a hot iron and call it a signature.

but if people are stupid enough to buy them.

Quote by shredmeiser101
i personally like kahler bridges better, like a kahler spider. they look better (in my opinion) sound better (in my opinion) and are of higher quality since they are pressed instead of forged.

forged metal is when a giant press comes down and stamps it out from a rough shape to a more exact shape. thus making it more strong.

do you mean cast instead of pressed?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!