Can anyone help me on how to make a bass wah-wah pedal? I have no idea and have no experience on pedal-building
you would have to get a different capacitor in paralell so the wah operates in the correct frequencies for a bass. other than that is pretty much a regular wah.
~jacob
^In parallel with... LOL! What is it in parallel with!?
There is a capacitor that is used to adjust the sweep. Because I can't be arsed to explain at this very moment, geofex has an extensive supply of information regarding wah circuits.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
oh sorry my bad, it's the cap in parallel with the inductor, man i need sleep....
~jacob t.
^ok look pink, i really hate to argue with mods but the original wah pedals had an inductor coil in them with a large capacitor in parallel to get it into the right range, then they took a piece of iorn and had it on a mechanism that moved it in and out of the inductor coil and thus changed the inductance of the coil and made a frequency sweep. they put a op amp in front of the whole thing to make up for the power loss in the pedal and some other things after to clean up the sound, this is the same sort of wah that hendrix used originally, im going to offer them on my stompbox site as soon as i can get it all prototyped, its suposed to sound amazing.

~jacob t.
well if you have no experience building, you plans is pretty much balls......but i would like to help you in some way so

www.generalguitargadgets.com practice on some of those pedals cause wah's are tricky

toodles
BURY YOUR DEADALIVE!
Quote by sempri_fi
^ok look pink, i really hate to argue with mods but the original wah pedals had an inductor coil in them with a large capacitor in parallel to get it into the right range, then they took a piece of iorn and had it on a mechanism that moved it in and out of the inductor coil and thus changed the inductance of the coil and made a frequency sweep. they put a op amp in front of the whole thing to make up for the power loss in the pedal and some other things after to clean up the sound, this is the same sort of wah that hendrix used originally, im going to offer them on my stompbox site as soon as i can get it all prototyped, its suposed to sound amazing.

~jacob t.

That is one way to do it (place a cap in parallel with the inductor) as it changes the operating frequency of the RLC circuit. However normal convention is to swap the feedback cap as pinky says, that is how dunlop do it and that has been adopted by everybody else.

I've never heard of a wah with moving core, sounds interesting mechanically but to me it can only have a really really harsh sweep that's spikey. I've toyed with RCL circuits and playing with the inductance doesn't cause a linear change in frequency, it's much easier to change the other parameters and stick with a fixed inductor. Not to mention a set up like that would be inherently noisy, because basically inductors are the work of satan.

Personally I'm going to play around with a proximity based wah wah like the Zvex unit but more responsive, I'll probably use a varying capacitance front end and work from there.. If I have my way I'll remove the inductor element too.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details