Which Danelectro pedals are the good ones? I'm looking at single pedals vs. multi-effect units, and if I can save some money on some effects by going with the cheaper Danelectro's, I'd definetly like to.

So, which ones are good and which ones should be avoided at all costs?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
the eq isn't bad at all. i have it myself. that's all i know about them, i do have an overdrive and it's decent, but i woudln't go running for it.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
stay away from the Black Licourice, its sooooo noisy and it just sounds bad
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I have heard good things about the EQ. How does the overdrive compare to, say, the Boss SD-1?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i really like all the pedals they make even the FAB ones are pretty nice for being $15 and i even use the FAB distortion on stage
I've got the FAB distortion - it's my only pedal. My Vox sometimes doesn't get the exact tone I want, so I use that. It's pretty good man. Well cheap too.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by Xenn99
I have heard good things about the EQ. How does the overdrive compare to, say, the Boss SD-1?

no comparison. danelectros may seem good if its youre first single effect. but compared to boss, mxr, ehx..........they suck
whatever you do just stay away from the mini pedals. i bought a set of 3 and the vibrato pedal never worked, and the reverb started to squeal when the battery was low. i use a modelling amp with effects now hehe.
Yeah, Ive heard the the EQ is their best pedal. Ive also heard good things about their talk box, although thats definitely not cheap.

Word on the FAB though: Dont get em. I was tempted by the price too. All temptation was completely gone when I plugged in. Ive only tried the "chorus", although from the tweaking I gave it, I could seem to achieve any chorus at all. 15 bucks for a cheapass pedal that sucks your tone and nothing else. Stay away.
I started on the mini pedals, and had 4 of them. I sold them and bought a Boss DS-1 and CE-5, best move I've ever made.
I have the Cool Cat chorus. It sounds really good IMO. Very deep and lush. The EQ is sweet too.

I have most the little pedals at work. Theyre alright. I wouldnt gig with them, but for beginners theyre good.
I would go with a nice multi-effect pedal over a bunch of cheap danelectros. And I would go for just a couple of really nice pedals over a multi-effect pedal. I mean, are you really going to use that phazer effect? Be honest with yourself here: you'll never use most of the effects on a multi-effect pedal anyway.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
FAB Distortion/Overdrive are fantastic pedals.
Although i really wouldn't trust any of their modulation pedals/the metal distortion.
The mini pedals just don't sound good to me. Cheaply made, low quality sound and noise issues. The larger, metal effects boxes they have are pretty good though. I've had the fab-tone distortion, which wasn't any good to me (too much noise, low quality jacks broke). I'd recommend the cool cat chorus and the dan echo...the echo is insane.
their crap i hate all of them they are all cheap junk dont cheap out on pedals all your gonna do is ruin your tone
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^ Wow thats very childish

The danecho is prettey cool, theres also that reel tape echo is supposed to very nice
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
I dont understand how that is childish i stated my opinion i think they are crap i ave broken two of them i have a friend who has broken three i have seen people break them while trying them at guitar center. Then they are horrible effects ie they sound bad as well as being constructed poorly. then horrible pedals like that suck away you tone its much better to not be a cheap ass and buy better effects so it doesnt suck all your tone away
i just baught a eq pedal on ebay! glad to see it got some fans haha. cant wait till it gets here. only danelectro pedal i got. thinking about getting 1 or 2 fab ones for my nephew whos 5
Quote by Syn Harvest
I dont understand how that is childish i stated my opinion i think they are crap i ave broken two of them i have a friend who has broken three i have seen people break them while trying them at guitar center. Then they are horrible effects ie they sound bad as well as being constructed poorly. then horrible pedals like that suck away you tone its much better to not be a cheap ass and buy better effects so it doesnt suck all your tone away

my friend had the metal pedal for like 4 months and it broke. i sold him my grunge pedals and hes still using that for like a year now.
All the ones named after food are awesome except the liquorice.

And stay away form all the FAB ones, I broght the OD and it was the worst thing ever, I ended up butchering it just so i could use the switch to convert a pedal of mine
Quote by Syn Harvest

"It's sucking my tone...it's a tone vampire...where's Buffy the tone-vampire slayer when I need her?"

Tone isn't something that's inherent in any given piece of gear, it's something that's developed depending on touch and how a given musician responds to given instrument or effect. There's a reason why Vai sounds like Vai no matter what amp he plugs into.

You don't have to be rich to get good tone, you just have to know when a given guitar, amp or pedal locks into what you've got in your head. The FAB tones aren't the greatest, but if it's what you dig, then it's what you dig. Just don't step on them very hard.

Kinda contradicts the name "stompbox" right?
Quote by TwoString
Tone isn't something that's inherent in any given piece of gear, it's something that's developed depending on touch and how a given musician responds to given instrument or effect. There's a reason why Vai sounds like Vai no matter what amp he plugs into.

No matter how much money you spend on gear, it still comes down to how good you are as a player.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
YA i agree but the thing is if i have my tone set up just how i like ti but then i decide i need a chorus pedal for a few things i dont want to get a cheap ass pedal that is going to suck away at my original tone i want one that will just be there and manipulate the tone when i need it to not at all times
i have the FAB chorus and its amazing, i just dont like the casing
i like the bright LED you can see it 100 feet away its so bright
whats with all of daneltros old pedals? they have the most embarassing names ever.
no matter how good it is i would still be embarassed to use a pedal called "grilled cheese" or "Milkshake", "fish and chips" and **** like that
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
The cool cat chorus is primo...very nice pedal. Both Whitford and Perry used it live for quite a while. Don't know if it's in their current setup though. There isn't much control over the parameters of the effect though.
Quote by Syn Harvest
YA i agree but the thing is if i have my tone set up just how i like ti but then i decide i need a chorus pedal for a few things i dont want to get a cheap ass pedal that is going to suck away at my original tone i want one that will just be there and manipulate the tone when i need it to not at all times

In that case, be prepared to shell out some cash for nice pedals. Honestly, I don't think it will matter. You'll want your tone to change if you're using a chorus right? When I use chorus I drop out some lows and raise the highs for that "strings ensemble" effect.
Quote by John Mayer

UG 83