i'm not 100% sure, I don't think it requires the tremolo at all, its just picking as fast as you can, almost like muscle twitching and you slide your fret hand to the frets you want to play.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Tremolo picking is (picking as fast as you can) while (alternating from a up stroke to a down stroke) on the same string. It takes a while to get used to if your a beginner but its easy once you get the cordination down.
It's just picking as fast as you can. Simple as that. Just alternate pick on a string as fast as you can. Technically you can tremolo pick chords, but it's mostly just for single notes.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
The previous guy hit it on the nose. All you do is rapidly pick on one string over and over while fretting the note you want to play. This is a somewhat difficult skill for a lot of people to pick up...or at least it was for me. You should use a thicker pick so that it doesn't bend as much. I'd also recommend starting somewhat slowly and building up your speed as you get better instead of trying to go as fast as some pros do, like Steve Vai.
you should learn a song by trivium called pull harder on the strings of your martyr its really good its what taught me
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four
fender frontman possibly for sale

Quote by Pleiadian
(with active EMG-HZ pickups)
Quote by hrdcorekidx
you should learn a song by trivium called pull harder on the strings of your martyr its really good its what taught me

Dude, ill never be able to play any trivium. Ive been listening to them for about a year now and they are metal guitar gods, in my opinion. i think matt heafy doing what hes done with his guitar and carreer is fabulous, hes only 20. the ****ing solos trivium does are out of this world. especially the solo in 'gunshot to the head of trepidation' man there just amazing. but anyways ill try that song. ive only been playing like 2 months seriously, and about 5 months just messing around. im sure ill be able to get some trivium, but never theyre solos.
Quote by Schmidt1989
Dude, ill never be able to play any trivium. Ive been listening to them for about a year now and they are metal guitar gods, in my opinion. i think matt heafy doing what hes done with his guitar and carreer is fabulous, hes only 20. the ****ing solos trivium does are out of this world. especially the solo in 'gunshot to the head of trepidation' man there just amazing. but anyways ill try that song. ive only been playing like 2 months seriously, and about 5 months just messing around. im sure ill be able to get some trivium, but never theyre solos.

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
i dont know if any one said this but its all in the elbow movement and not the wrist movement
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Trivium are pretty damned good BUT if you think they are guitar gos, listen to some sabbath, maiden, dragonforce, pantera, megadeth, metallica etc etc

EDIT:I've only been playing 10 months and i can play dying in your arms all the way through with half the solo, and pull harder on the strings of your martyr but i havent tried the solo yet, not that hard, I've played way harder (like mr crowley by ozzy, great solo and it only took me about 3-4 weeks to do)
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Aug 8, 2006,