Will automotive wires work for wiring switches and pots together? I got some 18gauge automotive wires. If not wat kind should i get?
somebody please help me, if i can get the wiring down i will post my strat copy mod thread
srry to kinda hijack the thread but whats wrong with speaker wire?
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
woo, i glad i was right earlier, my mom brought home some speaker wire and i said i dont think that will work, so my brother took it back and got the automotive wire
as soon as its done ill make a thread about my rebuild
^Nothing. Who knows why he said you can't use speaker wire.

18 guage will work, but it's thicker than is really practical. 22 guage is what I use, it's thinner and easier to handle.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I have found that as long as its got copper strands inside of it, it all conducts the same. So it should be fine to use either electrical or speaker wire. I seem th ethink speaker wire might be an interesting solution seeing as how its already two wires stuck together. It might keep it a little cleaner looking.
^thats what i thought...well the first part, though the second part makes sense too
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music