Well ive finally decided after 2 years of playing that i have to replace the Jay Turser crapbass that i picked up at the local music store.

Any Suggestions
1. My budget is about $500
2. I prefer 4 string
3. I play mostly Metal, Hardrock, classic rock, anything nice and heavey
4. I also like to slap once and a while

THX GUYS!!!!!!
I dont know about Slapping with it, But about 5 - 6 months ago, I upgraded from an Old Squire P-bass to A Epiphone Goth Thunderbird, Its Awesome, looks badass too. I play Classic Rock, Metal, Hardrock, and It gets The job done for whatever i need to play.. Cost about $400.00
I played 3 Epi T-birds today... ALL three had output jacks that were breaking loose and coming out.

Real nice.

Threadstarter, what amp do you have?
haha
Schecter Stiletto. Any model, preferably Custom or Elite, though those are a bit pricey. Deluxe sounds great, but if you can afford the Custom, you get better bridge/pickups, and the Elite is just godly.

You can see them on the Schecter website here
Deluxe
Custom
Elite

And on musician's friend at the following links.
Deluxe
Custom
Elite
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Yeah the imput on mine had some problems, just needed to screw it down really good, Thats the only problem I had.
A friend of mine uses a Peavey Millineum. Its around that price and sounds sweet, looks cool too
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Threadstarter, what amp do you have?

I have a Behringer BXL1800A but i usually use my friends Ashdown Electric Blue 15-180 Amp
schecter c-4 diamond series its beautiful and i love mine, i slap on it, i play anything from sabbath and trivium to red hot chili peppers and rudolf the red nose reindeer
were all a bunch of brothers livin in a cool way along with 6 million others in a place called L.A. --out in L.A. by rhcp
Quote by ozzyisagenious
rudolf the red nose reindeer

And on a related note, any Schecter is a good buy. I love them all, never laid my hands on one that didn't sound beautiful.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.