ok...well. im starting to get more and more into metal and i just love the sounds and everything

any suggestions have like....preparing my figures and stuff like that to make it easier to play metal songs?? cuz it seems like most good ones are presumibly fast.
any tips on how i can make my playing faster??..

like any riffs that can loosen up my fingers and stuff like that

i appreciate any help but try and elaberate more than just saying "practice"
Don't bump.

Any tips to make my playing faster?

Practice. Do chromatics, practice other scales, etc.

One exercise I read somewhere was to do this.

1) Put all four fingers on the same string on consecutive frets (usually 6-7-8-9) like you are fretting four notes at the same time (on the G string).

2) Put your index and middle fingers on the 6th and 7th frets of the D string while keeping your other fingers in place.

3) Play the 6th fret D and the 7th fret D, lifting the other finger you are not using...keep other fingers in place.

4) Repeat with other combinations.

Hope that helped. It has helped a lot with finger independence.
Last edited by kirbyrocknroll at Aug 8, 2006,
ok thanks....i'll try that.

thats all i wanted. something other things that coule help me without just saying "practice"
If you're going to do those exercises above, you might as well do them correctly and use a metronome. Worth the $10-$20, especially when practicing bass.
Search button, this has been done a lot recently.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
practice finger-per-fret and muscle memory
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Quote by chuck953688
If you're going to do those exercises above, you might as well do them correctly and use a metronome. Worth the $10-$20, especially when practicing bass.

If you are tight on cash, google.com:search for metronome.
k thanks

im gunna go to a music shop tomorrow for strings and a new strap....i'll try and get a metronome too

...i really love payday