ok im getting a stingray soon and i was going to get a black one with rosewood fretboard but they dont have it in stock, but they do have it in stock with a maple fretboard so my question is this, what is the difference otehr than looks between the two?sound?feel?fastness? i tried playing a maple fretboarded stingray at guitar center but the action much of been real low or something because the stings kept rattling and stuff, do all maple stingrays have this problem????
IMO, maple sounds and feels better on all Fender-Designed instruments. It sounds snappier, it looks more fitting, etc etc. I'd go maple on nearly any Leoesque bass I could.
haha
Sound beftter, and looks cool with certain colors, black being one of them. Go for it, IMO.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
ok thanks guys i just didnt wanna spend $1165.50 on something i wouldnt really be into. but i love stingrays they are sooo comfortable to me, but what about the rattling??
were all a bunch of brothers livin in a cool way along with 6 million others in a place called L.A. --out in L.A. by rhcp
the rattling was probabolly do to the low action and maybe there was a bend in the neck... test yours out and see if it rattles if it does, have them fix it free of charge
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.