Just wondering for people who have tested out a few stack amps, of which one they would recommend. Got a new job which pays over $1000 every two weeks, so I think its time to get rid of the old fender amp. My buddy has a crate stack amp, with the crate header, but Ive only heard that certain stack so im not really sure what I could compair it to. And then again I was gonna go with the big names like Marshall or Ibanez because usually big known products do sound good. But price aint a issue, takes money to make money, so just leave your 2 cents.
Just any basic tone, I mainly play hardcore and metal, so usually just a high tone which would be good for pinch harmonics and clear sounding finger picking and tremolo'ing. The fender doesnt give the edge im looking for and hard to knock off pinch harmonics without turning the amp to full.
first off stay as far away from crate amps as possiable. What i would recommend would be like what i have a peavy jsx or something along that line.Tpeaveys are good quallity but cost alot less than mashalls and mesa. Marshalls are nice and all but my jsx sounds rather marshally in my opinion. If money is trully not and issue I would go with a KRANK amp. They also have the best sounding cabs around.
Gear:
Fernandes Revolver Elite
Schecter C1 Exotic
Schecter C1 Classic
Peavey JSX head
Hartke 4x12 cab
Boss GT-8
BBE 362 Sonic maximizer
kranks are overrated IMO
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Look at ENGL... they're really ballsy amps, and also extremely versatile.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
Look at ENGL... they're really ballsy amps, and also extremely versatile.

Jimbob78

He's in Ontario, kind of hard to get round here. I'd suggest a 5150. Go check the 5150 thread and you'll see.
i'd say a 5150II... also another one to check out is a mesa mark iv with an orange cab. might not be as heavy as you'd like, but holy crap will it sound amazing.

(i can't wait for mine... sometime soon... )
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Quote by machineslave
first off stay as far away from crate amps as possiable. What i would recommend would be like what i have a peavy jsx or something along that line.Tpeaveys are good quallity but cost alot less than mashalls and mesa. Marshalls are nice and all but my jsx sounds rather marshally in my opinion. If money is trully not and issue I would go with a KRANK amp. They also have the best sounding cabs around.

kranks are krap IMO. awful. amps half the price sound better. try it to see, threadstarter, but make sure you try amps of a similar price as well.

if money TRULY is no object, you want to be looking at diezel (probably herbert, vh4 might be worth a look too), engl (SE), framus (probably cobra), mesa (recto or roadking), vht (ultralead/pittbull), koch (powertone), bogner (uberschall), soldano (slo), etc., ones like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
look at some Orange amps, theres supposed be the best but also most expensive.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
look at some Orange amps, theres supposed be the best but also most expensive.

They really aren't that expensive..
But Orange probably really isn't the tone he's looking for.