Page 1 of 2
Hi there !!! As I Lay Dying is one of my favorite Harcore Bands !! !! what do you think about them ) !!!
well.... this was on the man page... so i decided what the heck... i find as i lay dying to be...... well not my style..... to me hardcore music consist of a bunch of distorted noise...... with a couple notes here and there to sound like a solo and the lyrics im not a big fan of but i have to give them some credit and in a few songs i did hear some good guitar work but the vocals.... yes i know its not easy to scream and all that but..... it just makes me laugh when any band does that i mean people do the screaming thing and then they really like it? i guess i just like actual singers... who hit notes.......... but i might just be being picky seeing as i like high voiced singers (The Mars Volta, Wolfmother) and with the hardcore music it all sounds the same all the band names are similar and the music is the same and all the vocals sound almost exactly the same........ but thats just my opinion so you can hate me if you want
Did you see a sign out in front of my house that said "Dead Nigger Storage?" [pause] (No. I didn't.) You know WHY you didn't see that sign? (Why?) 'Cause it ain't there, cause storing dead niggers ain't my f**cking business, that's why!-Pulp Fiction
Quote by discobobo
well.... this was on the man page... so i decided what the heck... i find as i lay dying to be...... well not my style..... to me hardcore music consist of a bunch of distorted noise...... with a couple notes here and there to sound like a solo and the lyrics im not a big fan of but i have to give them some credit and in a few songs i did hear some good guitar work but the vocals.... yes i know its not easy to scream and all that but..... it just makes me laugh when any band does that i mean people do the screaming thing and then they really like it? i guess i just like actual singers... who hit notes.......... but i might just be being picky seeing as i like high voiced singers (The Mars Volta, Wolfmother) and with the hardcore music it all sounds the same all the band names are similar and the music is the same and all the vocals sound almost exactly the same........ but thats just my opinion so you can hate me if you want

The same can be said about every genre.
They're not bad, not brilliant either. I'm seeing them in November supporting Bullet For My Valentine.
I love them. i think that they have two sick guitarist in nick hipa and phil sgrosso.
I love As i Lay Dying... they are one of the best hardcore bands in my opinion.
I like them, not a humongous fan but they have their moments.Shadows are Security is their only album I really like...... saw them live decent live show, Iw as in teh pit most of the time.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Theyre a classic for me. one of those old bands that gets a listen every once in a while.
AILD is sweet. While their music isn't amazing to me, I like their style and they have a few songs that never get old. They're also a GREAT live band, if you like hardcore/metalcore then an AILD show is a garanteed good time.
My band does a cover of 94 hours. It's fun to play but I never got into the band, or similar generic metalcore bands.
Yeah they own live, and some of their songs are alright.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
jesus, they're NOT a hardcore band. like them all you want, but dont label them hardcore.
whut are theyz....METUL?!
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
Quote by StuartR
Yes, really...

I don't see why people can't grapse that

hardcore = punk influenced music
metalcore = metal influenced music
Metalcore is still influenced by punk otherwise it wouldn't be called Metalcore.
Also Hardcore is Punk, just harder, and it can be influenced by Metal as well.
Quote by StuartR
Metalcore is still influenced by punk otherwise it wouldn't be called Metalcore.
Also Hardcore is Punk, just harder, and it can be influenced by Metal as well.

Yeah but, metalcore is more heavily influenced by metal etc. etc.

But I agree, I'm not trying to argue
I love their songs Darkest Nights and Morning Waits, how they both sound so similar. I dunno how they got that sound from them, but it's sick.
i've seen them twice, not really impressed either time. i would have rather seen in flames headline sounds of the underground.
I dont listen to this band anymore but they are probably my biggest influence because they got me into metalcore and then from their i branched off into all the other subgenres.

Theyre still fun to listen every once in a while ;]
I'm a new fan of As I Lay Dying. I got Shadows Are Security last week and I like it a lot, but I find the lyrics to be a bit weak. Looking forward to seeing them in November with Bullet!
By crook or fist I'll lather up your gracious smile.
And take my time...
I love 94 Hours.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Shadows Are Security album are my first time i heard them...i love Repeating Yesterday..even the song are not dificult at all to play...
Sometimes I just think the singer is too heavy, that's the only real problem I see with them.
I saw them with Killswitch & Soilwork and I found their Stage Precence out standing. Very high energy and very professional playing. I see that this forum is very genre based...Thats cool but how come we have to argue about what is what?
Because, as someone in the Nu Metal forum put it, it makes it easier to discuss a band and get reccomendations if you can refer to a genre.
Quote by Ascendancy5
Sometimes I just think the singer is too heavy, that's the only real problem I see with them.

i evev think about the singer too sometime
i guess im the only one who likes frail words collapse better. dont get me wrong shadows are security have some standouts but in the car it all just runs together to me i mean to an extent all metacore/hardcore bands do but i dunno shadows especially
Quote by laxcountry07
i guess im the only one who likes frail words collapse better. dont get me wrong shadows are security have some standouts but in the car it all just runs together to me i mean to an extent all metacore/hardcore bands do but i dunno shadows especially

I agree, Frail words Collapse In my opinion is far better than Shadows Are Security which I think is an OK album.
Page 1 of 2