Hey I'm new to the forum and to playing guitar in general, after a few months of playing around with my brothers guitar I decided to get a one of my own and start learning properly. Anyway the guitar I bought sounded fine in the shop but when i got it home I found that the E string (and to a lesser exstent the A string) makes a horrible ratteling sound. Its not too notciable when plugged into my amp and isn't too bad if i play the strings very gently but it's someting I really want to fix but I've no real idea whats causing it. Any ideas on why the strings are making this annoying sound and how I can fix it? Thanks
yeh mine had this problem an it really annoyed me. all i did was simply changed the strings (or just the low E-string) an it solved the problem

That one last shot's a Permanent Vacation
And how high can you fly with broken wings?
Life's a journey not a destination
And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings

For info how to join the team PM Bombtrack
Hey im a guitar player and the problem your having is that the truss rod of your guitar is not set properly and whats happening is the neck is bending towards the strings very slightly, you have to go back to the shop you got it from and they will fix it, they SHOULD put it on the warranty of the guitar, so it shouldnt cost you a dime. well thats all i got, if that doesnt help email me at hyper_dude96@hotmail.com

rock on bro
PEACE!
Quote by truerocker1919
Hey im a guitar player

I hope your a guitar player.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Quote by truerocker1919
..yep better than youll ever be

Kinda dought that. Maybe at playing Linken Park.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Man it will be nuthin to do with the truss rod, ignore truerocker on this one. It will be the action of your guitar, just raise it a bit. But if its actually a rattling, and not buzz, then maybe your strings aren't actually tuned to their proper pitch. Rattling can be a common problem with down-tuned guitars.
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD
Thanks for the advice guys, I've just raised the strings and that helped a bit but hasn't gotten rid of it entirely, I think I had best take it back to the shop as suggested and get them to look at it.
make sure youve tuned bacj to pitch after changing your action
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD