How is the Zoom 505 or 504 multi effect pedal? How about the RB-30?

I play lots of metal, and a bit of metalcore, like iron maiden, SOad, soad, dragonforce, black sabbath, trivium, and tons of fallout boy (j/k)
i'd tend to stray away from the 505. it's good if you're JUST getting into effects and trying to get a taste for them. i got mine for free from sam ash for buying like 300$ or something, but i would never pay for it. it's made out of cheap plastic, doesn't come with an A/C adapter, and it broke after about 3 months. i would either look for a used boss ME-50, or go with some individual pedals.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Invictious
How is the Zoom 505 or 504 multi effect pedal? How about the RB-30?

I play lots of metal, and a bit of metalcore, like iron maiden, SOad, soad, dragonforce, black sabbath, trivium, and tons of fallout boy (j/k)

don't get the Zoom....

one of the buttons of my Zoom GFX-1 fell off

and it doesn't sound that good
Quote by musicofthenite
i'd tend to stray away from the 505. it's good if you're JUST getting into effects and trying to get a taste for them. i got mine for free from sam ash for buying like 300$ or something, but i would never pay for it. it's made out of cheap plastic, doesn't come with an A/C adapter, and it broke after about 3 months. i would either look for a used boss ME-50, or go with some individual pedals.

I'd steer clear of the Boss ME-50, dude.

I shelled out all my birthday money on one, and quite frankly I was disappointed. I mean, I use it, and it's fine, but the distortions are all weak.
Quote by evolutionised
my words of wisdom:

if you're over 18, click "I agree"
if you're below 18, also click "I agree"
Quote by elliotgardiner
I'd steer clear of the Boss ME-50, dude.

I shelled out all my birthday money on one, and quite frankly I was disappointed. I mean, I use it, and it's fine, but the distortions are all weak.

yeah man i hear you, i just figured it was close enough in his price range and it'd be alot better than a zoom.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
I'd say go with a distortion pedal instead.

What amp do you have? If it's got real good distortion, just get a footswitch.

If not so good, try a Line 6 Uber Metal or Digitech Metalmaster.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
please dont get the Zoom, your gonna regret it in a couple weeks when first you get sick of it and then it breaks.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I still prefer the sound of a Zoom 505 over a Boss ME-50. That and once you have the patches set the Zoom is easier to use. I've got one and upgraded to the G2 for the more authentic sounds it offers and it also adds some effects not available on the 505 and other things like a metronome ( drum machine ).

I'd say get one.
I tried a 505 out in store and turned on as many effects as I could. One palm-muted power chord and the thing shut off. So I started turning off effects one by one, and it seems that when you have too many effects on, depending on the signal coming from the guitar, the unit can overload and just shut itself off.
I had/have a Zoom 606 and I can't stand it. It broke after about three months, resets itself to A1 whenever I have a differant patch on for more than five seconds, the effects don't sound all that good...
its ok for some stuff and if u havnt been around pedels much, i have one and i used it with my g-dec coz the distortion was to old style on it. i could get some desent sounds out of it but its nothing to go man about and it probs wont get u the sound ur looking for, it dosent do subttle.
its ether full on or not enough at all.
so id say (dont slam me) go with a metal zone from boss it covers alot of distortions and its not gonna break the bank. i can get any sound out of it , its not always the clearist of pedals but u can always tweek the sound u wat out of it.

in any situation the best way to go it go to ur local music shop and try some gear out. try to try out on the same stuff as u have at home.

also a DS-2 turbo might work for u
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
What the hell? I've had my 505II for 2 years almost and it isn't broken, and it doesn't reset itself or turn off randomly...
Quote by wylde_overdrive
What the hell? I've had my 505II for 2 years almost and it isn't broken, and it doesn't reset itself or turn off randomly...

They're very iffy units. Some last, some don't. Bad quality overall. With multieffects, you really get what you pay for.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
I have a Cube 30W with a footswitch into footswitch channel, usually R-fier for distortion, but the trouble is switching between the efffects from R-fier to tweed, like distortion to overdrive-ish sound.
What do you guys think of the r-fier distortion? I think it's pretty good IMGO.

hmm, how about the RP-30 for the 3rd time/
buy individual pedals... ^_^
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

The Zoom 505 is good...I have it for like 5 years now...this one is good for bar gigs...
one thing though if you set it to different combination effects...if youre going back to your own presets saved in the the memory it tends to affect the overall tone of the guitar...I dont know if my amp, cables sucks...

So I just dont mess around with around with when an upcoming gig is emminent...overall the Zoom 505 kicks ass...only dont mess with your presets when ready for a gig...