Hey, this is my second year playing, Im in a band and my 15 watt crappy ass Frontman is starting to really get to me, especially since the drummer plays alot louder than me and Im getting drowned out.

So I need a new one but I really know very little about the world of amps.

The Amp I'm looking for should be between 400-700 USD and also should have at least 30 Watts or more.

Oh, and one last note if it helps, I play pretty much everything. Jazz, Funk, Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Punk, Folk, Blues, etc.

EDIT: Can someone explain to me what the matter is with the Marshall MG too?
Thanks
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Last edited by skateguitar7654 at Aug 8, 2006,
look into a JCM 800, that covers almost everything you play. other than that, check out a used DSL, a peavey classic 30, traynor blue, maybe a carvin v3 ... they're very versatile.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
30 watts may not even cut it with a drummer. THey make Half Stacks within that price range, and that's something you wouldnt need to make drastic upgrades to.
Quote by Bullet FMV
30 watts may not even cut it with a drummer. THey make Half Stacks within that price range, and that's something you wouldnt need to make drastic upgrades to.

you, sir, are a fuckwit.

anyway, what's the heaviest metal you play, skateguitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh, the marshall mg? it sounds like cack, and from what i hear, the tone turns (even more) to crap if you turn it above 4. (i can't edit when I have a quote, or my computer will crash)

EDIT: could you give us a few examples of bands (or solo artists/musicians) whose tones you like/play a lot for the types of music that you've listed that you like to play?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 8, 2006,
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh, the marshall mg? it sounds like cack, and from what i hear, the tone turns (even more) to crap if you turn it above 4. (i can't edit when I have a quote, or my computer will crash)

Yeah but so many people use it.

Anyways when it comes to Metal I play around the likes of Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Slayer, Anthrax, etc. Mostly thrash metal but sometimes I'll stretch to death-like metal with CoB, Death, and the like.

I'm crazy about Slash, Dimebag, and Kirk. But Slash takes the win for my favorite tone, I really love it.

EDIT: Oh, and I can't forget Randy and Zakk. They have sexy ass tone too.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
Last edited by skateguitar7654 at Aug 8, 2006,
^ i'm guessing a second hand peavey 5150 might be the best you can get at that price range, if you can live with pretty poor cleans.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i'm guessing a second hand peavey 5150 might be the best you can get at that price range, if you can live with pretty poor cleans.

+1, still i could make a decent case for a jcm 800 or 900 with a good OD
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
^ agreed. depends how much of the more modern tones he wants, how badly he wants to nail slash tones, etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Bullet FMV

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by skateguitar7654

Anyways when it comes to Metal I play around the likes of Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Slayer, Anthrax, etc. Mostly thrash metal but sometimes I'll stretch to death-like metal with CoB, Death, and the like.

I'm crazy about Slash, Dimebag, and Kirk. But Slash takes the win for my favorite tone, I really love it.

EDIT: Oh, and I can't forget Randy and Zakk. They have sexy ass tone too.

not sure about the other guys but i know slash uses the jcm800. id say that. probably wouldnt fit the sound you want maybe and od pedal could fix it.....an AC30CC.im getting one cuz they sound amazing.
^ i wouldn't get a vox for metal...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I see the Carvin V3 is making more and more appearences on UG forums, must check it out.

Dont want to see people jumping on the ol' (ENGL, MESA, BOGNER) bandwagon though.
Quote by skateguitar7654

Yeah but they all have terrible tone

People usually buy the MG because they see the Marshall logo and a low price tag
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
well...there's a Peavey XXX combo on Ebay for less than $700 BIN

Also, I found a JCM 900 Head and a Carvin Legacy Head for less than $550. The heads will require a speaker cab....you might be able to find a 2x12 for cheap to stay below your price limit.
Uh, just to remind everybody, my main style isn't the heavy stuff. I don't have a main style.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
Last edited by skateguitar7654 at Aug 9, 2006,
People usually buy the MG because they see the Marshall logo and a low price tag

are you stalking me by any chance?
Lamb Of God
Quote by Rocker...sorta

are you stalking me by any chance?

Let me Check the list...

...Don't think so, Would you like me to?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join