i just had seymour duncans put in my epi les paul at the local guitar store and the neck pickup sits flat and flush and sounds great but the bridge pick up which is an invader is obviously facing the wrong direction becaus of the angle it sits at which would be flat if it was only facing the other way, but i was wondering if this has an effect on the sound im getting because its honestly not tremendously impressing over the stock epi pickups. anywho can someone just tell me what my best coarse of action should be in this situation, thanks
The direction that a pickup without staggered pole pieces is installed makes no difference (except if you're coil tapping, because it'll effect if the single coil is on the inside or outside).
Hi, I'm Peter
The tone could be different if the pickup is designed to emphasize different frequencies. For example, the L500xl is designed to give more highs so some people will install it upside down to get more bottom end.

How does your guitar sound?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
The tone could be different if the pickup is designed to emphasize different frequencies. For example, the L500xl is designed to give more highs so some people will install it upside down to get more bottom end.

How does your guitar sound?

the tonal effect is minimal, the output is what you might notice more
Fender blues deluxe and an Epiphone Les paul

Quote by utsapp89
Volume=Emotion.
yeah, its definantly less output than i was expecting, i have to turn my amp up louder to get the same volume as the stock pickups