I was trying to learn a solo a few mintues ago and I had it down until I got to this 8h10p7h8p10h12 on the g string. Does anybody know anythign that will help me stretch up the the 12? I can not do it without bending the string.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
well, try a simple stretching exercise on the first four frets - on the first string, play 1-4-3-4 repeating as many times as you want, making sure that all of the notes come out cleanly and evenly

then repeat the same pattern on all 6 strings...by the time you get to the last few, your hand should feel stretching, and this is normal, but if at any time you feel pain, stop
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
put left hand in the classical position for that little lick.. that means to put your thumb at the center back of the neck, right under your middle finger. in this position i can stretch my index and my pinky from the 1st to the 6th fret.
For that particular pattern you actually don't really need a stretch. First thing is
only stretch where you need to (mostly this would be a long pulloff).

You have a 7-8-10-12 hammer sequence (I think there's an error in your notation).
Keep your hand relaxed and when you need to hit the 12, it's more of a slight
position shift and hand rotation with your extended pinky.
There is not an error its that way its the solo to A Gunshot to the Head of Trepadation by Trivium.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $