Hey guys, I was just wondering (because I the amp settings thread means nothing to me since I have no equalizeron my amp) how to get a YJM sound. Examples of songs would be Blitzkrieg or Finale, he seems to have a very strong, bassy sound to the neck pickup...all I have is a Roland Micro Cube with a DS-1 Distortion pedal (guitar = Gibson SG Standard) Any chance of some pointers to get that sound?
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by MetalMilitia212
huge ass stack of marshalls, insane amount of delay, ego bigger than most average blimps.

Your saying I need marshall stacks? I highly doubt it...there must be some other way to reproduce that sound. I do use alot of delay in neck pickup position...with amp up very loud...still don't get a big enough sound/the sound I'm looking for from the 2 song examples I gave.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Yeah ya need his amp more then you need his guitar. Thats the only way to get the sounds.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
^Also you need real Marshall stacks (all tube,not MG's are AVT's). Use Classic Stack setting and delay.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Bass response is effected by cabinet volume (space it takes up, not sound level) and build, so a stack is actually easier to get strong bass from.
Hi, I'm Peter
And you need a strat to get little more of the sound if your that obbsessed.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
He uses low output pick ups so he probably uses a compressor to get more sustain. When using the neck pick up you could try using the tone know to give it that bassy sound a bit. I think there is a lot of pressence in his tone aswell.
Quote by Gabel
^Also you need real Marshall stacks (all tube,not MG's are AVT's). Use Classic Stack setting and delay.

Ahh the classical stack setting on the Roland amps, I'm going to buy a Roland Cube 30 soon, that should make a difference because I'm used to the "little" sound my little cube makes, thanks for the help guys, I guess it's better equipment I need.

Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010