will the EMG active pups sound quality thru a solid state amp? i hear to get the emgs full potential, they need to be played thru a tube amp((but isnt that with anything?)). im gettin a Hellraiser wit the Hetfield Routed EMG combo and i currently have a line 6 spider2. will this at least sound much better than a damn squier?
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
yeah I have a fender dsp65 solid state amp, and a jackson slsmg soloist with 81.85 emgs, and it sounds amazing, with a better amp though, it could be superb.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
it'll sound fine. i've never experienced a tube amp with emg's but they sound great through solid state anyway.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
ok good thts all i needed to know
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Imo the sound very mediocre through a soild state amp but with a Tube amp they sound amazing
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
and 1 more, how much better will it sound than a squier thru this amp?
It will sound a little better, but a tube amp will make the sound amazing. Trust me, I have both EMGs and the Line 6 Spider II, it isn't too much of a difference.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
it will still sound similar to a squire , if its a squire :F
Quote by Iccus
it will still sound similar to a squire , if its a squire :F

no, what im tryin to say is will a hellraiser with 81/60 EMGs sound better than a stock squiere thru this amp?
^Yeah, but a stock Squier thorugh a JCM800 will sound better then a Hellraiser through a Spider. Amp is 90% o your tone. Id say new amp first.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
^Yeah, but a stock Squier thorugh a JCM800 will sound better then a Hellraiser through a Spider. Amp is 90% o your tone. Id say new amp first.

agreed
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
i have a strat with single emgs through a deville 410 and it sounds alot better than through a solid state amp that i play at some jams
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by Gabel

agreed. unless your squier is unplayable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?