get the one u suggested with tht kind of money
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
well you might also want to think about getting a good overall setup instead of one badass guitar. the guitar is amazing but if you have a crappy amp and crappy ass effects your guitar will look good and sound like ****.

So what kind of music do you play and whats your current set up
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
good point - buy the greatest amp first
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
ya divide your money amongst different things if you dont have an amazing rig overall a new guitar isnt gonna help you.

BUy a good amp buy some good effects and buy a very good guitar you need to learn to spread your money out so you get a good overall sound
I am getting a twin reverb amp in the mail
guitar:
alvarez ad60ck
crappy silvertone
amp:
Kustom quad 100DFX
Effects:
big muff
ts9 tube screamer
death metal distortion
dunlop crybaby
what kind of music do you play will the twin reverb handle all your needs
I play anything from blues to metal. Mostly bluesy though if that changes an opinion.
Syn Harvest are you metal?
I played a Les Paul deluxe Which is $1800. It sounded outstanding and was thinking of buying that and buy me something else with the rest, or should i go with the big mackdaddy jimmy page lookin guitar?
Les Paul would be better for both. yes i play metal and if you like the tones you get out of the amp then you set i sugegst maybe getting a couple effects you like then buying a badass guitar. Yes the Gibsons are awesome and if thats what you want to do go for it you also could get a standard in that same color with just as good quality and save you alot of money and buy someother stuff you might find useful with that much money you could get whatever guitar you want basically
What sg can i get for that price that ican cherish?

Maybe Angus Young signature?

so many choices!!
ya juist play every guitar you can find and buy your favorite
Do you guys know what kind of effect i can get that would give that santana tone?

Ps: harvest have you heard of Opeth?
Santanas tone comes from his vintage mesa boogie amps, and his PRS guitars. I dont know what kind of effects he uses. And yes i have heard of Opeth they aint that bad
getta lespaul with a p-90 in the middle if you wanna be versatile going from blues-metal
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Not necessarily igf you get lower out put pick ups in the guitar you can jst change the EQ a little and you will be fine. Or hey buy two guitars youve got the money
Why dont you buy a Les Paul Classic (1400 shipped ebay), SG Standard (1000)and a nice Mesa combo (1000).
Still have 100.00 left over for a haircut and new lowtop chucks.
Wow 3 1/2 grand is a lot. I remember when I asked my dad for that much so that I could buy a car. He laughed and bought himself another mercedes...

Make sure you try the '58 custom. I have nothing agasint Gibson, but I really did not like that guitar. Check out some of their other Custom Shop's because they are very nice.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
yeah id go custom if id have that much. what amp do you have? you coud also upgrade that
He allready said he a a Fender Twin Reverb on the way so i guess he is set for an amp.
Quote by Syn Harvest
He allready said he a a Fender Twin Reverb on the way so i guess he is set for an amp.

A twin wont do metal, though. A mesa combo really wont do true metal either, but better than a twin with OD.
well he claims he likes it so

you cant argue with that
seriously, he just needs a metal distortion pedal or some ****....., if mesa wont do true metal what does? Metallica uses mesa's and THATS true metal.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.