I am majorly confused about the construction of the major scale, becouse the things I have read of almost all controdict oneanother is some way. I playing up three frets in on the fretboared half step or whole. I'm just really confused.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
Do you understand the application of the WWHWWWH method of constructing the major scale? Or is that what you'd like to be explained?
I under stand this, but the major scale that I've read is really confuseing once you think of this, becouse you play three notes on one screen while doing the progression. And the first 2 notes are only a half step.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

What note does this scale start on?

I don't really know what the hell you're talking about to be honest... could you give links, pics?
^Okay... and you're referring to the scale shapes page, right? Where the major scale pattern at the top shows two notes on the low E string?
The two notes on the low E string are seperated by a whole step, buddy.

So, I'll just assume you mean the high E string, where the two notes are half a step apart.

If you look at the WWHWWWH pattern, you'll notice the last letter is H = Half a step.

The first note on that string is the 7th degree of the major scale, the next note is the tonic - those are half a step apart, as you probably know.

The 1st string on that diagram is your high E string, the thinnest. The 6th string on that diagram is your low E string, the fattest.

Maybe that's where you got confused...
Oi. I'm still kinda confused, but **** it. Its not needed to improve my playing or anything. Thanks for the help.

If you don't understand it then you can't possibly assume anything about how it will or won't help your playing...
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by zwart_gitaar
Oi. I'm still kinda confused, but **** it. Its not needed to improve my playing or anything. Thanks for the help.
Scales are absolutely, positively foundational. I suppose somewhere there's a truly excellent player who can't get his or her head around scales, but it's extremely difficult for me to imagine such a thing. Please, find a competent teacher and insist they keep trying to explain the major scale to you until you get it!
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Quote by Johnljones7443
The two notes on the low E string are seperated by a whole step, buddy.

So, I'll just assume you mean the high E string, where the two notes are half a step apart.

If you look at the WWHWWWH pattern, you'll notice the last letter is H = Half a step.

The first note on that string is the 7th degree of the major scale, the next note is the tonic - those are half a step apart, as you probably know.

The 1st string on that diagram is your high E string, the thinnest. The 6th string on that diagram is your low E string, the fattest.

Maybe that's where you got confused...

Well how are the steps measured? I thought by each 2 individuals notes intervals between one another.

I've only figured out how the whole Minor, Major scales work, and since then it's made it really easy for me to make riffs and solo's. =)
My stuff

Fender American Stratocaster

Vintage Acoustic

Marshall AVT100X