I'm looking to get a new amp, and I want it to be all tube (like not just a tube pre-amp)
As for costs it would need to be less than 1000 or at least around it
It needs to be somewhat versitile because I play mostly metal (megadeth, pantera, children of bodom etc) but also some classic rock and ska/punk
I'd appreciate any suggestions
fender makes all tube amps with bitchin cleans, and for the distortion problem a good pedal will fix that. otherwise i'd go with a combo of some sort, maybe mesa boogie or marshall.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
You could try to get a Peavey XXX Super 40 combo...they're about $800 new and are pretty versatile.
Quote by ham_man_226
I'm looking to get a new amp, and I want it to be all tube (like not just a tube pre-amp)
As for costs it would need to be less than 1000 or at least around it
It needs to be somewhat versitile because I play mostly metal (megadeth, pantera, children of bodom etc) but also some classic rock and ska/punk
I'd appreciate any suggestions

i'd say a genz benz el-diablo 60 watt combo for a variety of tones. you do need to be playing quite a bit of the modern stuff, though. It's $1400 list, I'd assume you could get at least a few hundred off that from a store.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?