I've been hearing great things about this amp, and I'm considering renting it for a month or two from the local music store to really get a chance to try it out before I think about buying it. But before even that, does anyone here own one? And would you recommend it?

Basically I'm looking for a really warm distortion, think "classic rock-ish". I don't need a huge amount of gain (at least, not Mesa Boogie or nu-metal level) but I do need enough to get a good rock riff. I've heard that the clean channel is incredible, can anyone vouch for this?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
i dont own in but i play it for about 15 minutes before my guitar lessons every week.....amazing, get it NOW
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I own one. It can get a pretty great warm distortion, after playing it youll sudden realize the benefit of that warm sound. It will give you a nice classic rock sound, up to a nice modern hard rock/punk sound. Incredible amp you should be happy with it. If you need to boost it even more an overdrive should do the trick, but it seems like for the distortion you need its fine.