Hello all. As most of you know, I'm a total schecter hater (I don't know why I am intersted in one) but this Ultra III caught my eye in my local shop next to a bunch of crappy schecters like the omen and i forget the other names. Anyway I plan on giving this Ultra III a whirl because it looks really hot. Then again all the other schecters I played I hated so I don't have much faith...

Any owners of the Ultra III on these forums? Any who tried it? What kind of genre would it be particularly good for?

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Doesn't look that bad. Why don't you try it? You did see it at a local shop.
Sent from my iPad.
looks fantastic!
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
yeah im gonig back on thursday to give it a spin. just thot I'd see what the community had to say about it. it does look raelly good. What are those switches on the top of the pickguard for? what do they do rather?
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Interesting guitar, it's a remake of something right? I know I've seen that body style before. I would assume the switches turn the humbuckers on and off. If they are 3 way, it probably coil taps them too.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
sweet thanks for the info on the switches. Umm It does look familiar but I think its original. It reminds me of the guitar Jack White uses...an ariline guitar...but It's definately different from what scheter has with this ultra III.

The airline looks like this but as you can see, there are many differences...
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
It's a pretty awesome guitar.. I'm not a big fan of the common schecters.. but I really like the Ultra III and the Banshee.
Member #4 of the punctuation police, pm alex_haeni to join.
Quote by Sapple Pass
sweet thanks for the info on the switches. Umm It does look familiar but I think its original. It reminds me of the guitar Jack White uses...an ariline guitar...but It's definately different from what scheter has with this ultra III.

The airline looks like this but as you can see, there are many differences...

ahh, ok, I must have been thinking of a Jaguar or the airline. I think the 3 switches is what caught my attention.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Never played that model before but I have played several c-1s and some of their other guitars and schecters have amazing quality and value
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
all these guitars..look like crap.....too old school for me
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
That looks way better than the other schecters i've seen, I'm somewhat of a schecter hater myself, i prefer ibanez or something for metal but this looks pretty damn cool
I don't know why, but that guitar looks similar to a Gibson Firebird to me.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I think it looks really close to the Firebird. It's got the same raised center block going for it. It's a little more shifty looking than the Firebird, but definately just as cool.
its got mini on-off-tap switches, and duncan designed pickups.
i think the bigsby might be a lower end "licensed" bridge too.
my local shop usually has one or two on the wall around $400.

nice looking, i never took it off the wall tho. not my type of guitar, but probably worth the price.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 8, 2006,
yeah if they are $400 at your shop...they are $600 at mine. yours is a much better deal. but I'm going to give it a go. It looks like an eye catcher and I'm really excited to play it. Would a guitar like that need a pickup change? What would you recommend for alt/indie/calssic rock? Or would the stock Duncan Designed suit me well?
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
i like duncan designed better than most stock pups. but after market pickups are always better. they should last u a while before ull want to upgrade.
mostly, depends on the rest of ur rig.

i like pearly gates for heavy, classic rock. something like that, might be a good fit here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thanks guys. Now I'm just looking forward to Thursday...
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
come back with a good review.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

you got it
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300