Page 1 of 4
Most people here know them but they are a great freaking band nonetheless.

Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Great band, I prefer HS,I to The Rescue.

Why does everyone want to relax/chill to post-rock? Can't you just listen to it like everything else?
^Well one of the main aspects of post-rock is that it creates a mood or atmosphere using musical instruments.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by StuartR

Why does everyone want to relax/chill to post-rock? Can't you just listen to it like everything else?

That's the reason why I listen to it.

That and it's good background music for when I just need something to listen to without paying close attention to it.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024

just listening to the earth is not cold dead place right now, just... just too good for words. Jaw droppingly good melody after the next.
I just love the title of that album in general.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024

For some reason The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place whisks me off to this seperate region of my brain where if I concentrate hard enough I won't be able to move. From their, stuff just comes at me left, right and center and for about half an hour I've got life all figured out.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

^ 'Earth is not a cold dead place' is their most acclaimed work, and rightly so, but you can also get 'Those who tell the truth shall die...', it's quite exceptionnal too.
Quote by lo fi nights
are there really so little good A&I bands that we have to keep making threads on the same ones?

Unfortunately, the nature of Alt & Indie is such that to get any real discussion going, we have to focus on the bands everybody's heard of, especially because the core group of posters is so small.

By the way, a great site for discussing alt, indie and overallish good music is http://www.rateyourmusic.com/ . It's down right now, but it's an amazing site for discovering new music.
I love EITS. I have The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place and How Strange, Innocence and they are both amazing.
Did they really do the entire soundtrack for the movie Friday Night Lights?
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024

I love bands like EITS.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Sigur Ros
etc.

Great stuff. First Breath After Coma is masterfull.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by RHCPhysco8

I wouldn't be surprised, Sigur Ros as done a few.
Quote by RHCPhysco8

They sure did.
Quote by StuartR
I wouldn't be surprised, Sigur Ros as done a few.

really? no major films though. life aquatic and vanilla sky each used one song, but ive never heard of sigur composing a song FOR a movie.
Englar Alheimsins (Angels Of The Universe) (with Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson) [Soundtrack] (2000) [231 (VBR)]
Hlemmur [Soundtrack] (2002) [320 kbps]

and theres Baba Tiki Dido which was for a ballet.
I don't see what is so good about these guys. Why don't they create moor than one mood? Everything is always oh my god this moment is so great and beautiful lets make an ambient song with a hint of melancholy. it's always the same lame ass moody I'm so emotional but not emo this is so beautiful bull****. It's entirely disposable too.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Quote by StuartR
Great band, I prefer HS,I to The Rescue.

I agree, i can listen to it at anytime: driving, chilling, not chilling, homework, goign to sleep, whatever.
It creates an atmosphere, and to me, i like this atmosphere whenever it is willing to put itself around me. It's beautiful. It can chill me out and pump me up.

Has anyone seen friday night lights and how effective they use EITS?
It's simply beautiful.
Off "Those who Tell The Truth" my favourite is "Yasmin the Light" and off "The Earth.." my favourites are "Six Days at the Bottom of the Ocean" and "Your Hand in Mine". Coincidently, those are the only ones I can play

Oh wait and "The Only Moment..."

Hell, the whole of The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place is freaking awesome.

So is Those Who Tell The Truth.

And How Strange, Innocence... well... even them themselves admit it was rushed...and a bit of a mistake... Great band. Best thing to come out of Texas since obesity! Justttt kidding. Best thing to come out of Texas since ATDI.

OH and on another note, I thought Friday Night Lights was the most boring piece of shit ever. The only thing that was good about it was the soundtrack.
Last edited by MEmmett at Jan 18, 2007,
Quote by Zeke5000
I don't see what is so good about these guys. Why don't they create moor than one mood? Everything is always oh my god this moment is so great and beautiful lets make an ambient song with a hint of melancholy. it's always the same lame ass moody I'm so emotional but not emo this is so beautiful bull****. It's entirely disposable too.

Would you say that about metal? Or punk? Or any other genre? Metal is aggresive, punk is riotous... even bands like Radiohead have something linking them together.

I don't really think its fair to judge a band on the mood they create with their music.

"I'm so emotional but i'm not emo" I didn't know that you had be "emo" (even though that term is utter, utter shit) to have emotions. Wow you must be a robot.

Case closed.
Goin to see them in April...CANT ****ING WAIT!!!!

Favorite songs: First Breath After Coma, A Song for Our Fathers, A Poor Mans Memory, Time Stops, Great Death, and Memorial.

I am yet to hear a song by them that I dont like.
these guys are awesome not just becuase of their instrumental ways. they make music. and i love it. my favorite song is Look into the air.
"the end has no end"
When does the new album come out?

I've heard that it's already leaked and it's amazing but when can I buy it??
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Patches McGee
When does the new album come out?

I've heard that it's already leaked and it's amazing but when can I buy it??

Beginning of February, I think.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I didnt wanna start a new one and get the usual

LawL! search buttonz!

anyways, I've only just got in to this band, but I saw them live last night at the Astoria in London.

Fan-Fookin-Tastic

The support band where abit meh and TBH I wish I would have come later to avoid listening to them, but explosions where great, AND one of their amps blew and started smoking (I dont know names, it was the non-bearded guitarist's marshall amp)

Anyone else seen them live recently?
I have the new album. I love it.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by Hakanku
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I didnt wanna start a new one and get the usual

LawL! search buttonz!

anyways, I've only just got in to this band, but I saw them live last night at the Astoria in London.

Fan-Fookin-Tastic

The support band where abit meh and TBH I wish I would have come later to avoid listening to them, but explosions where great, AND one of their amps blew and started smoking (I dont know names, it was the non-bearded guitarist's marshall amp)

Anyone else seen them live recently?

who were the support band?
I uploaded a tab of Glittering Blackness if anyone cares .

The new album is brilliant but my favourite is still How strange, Innocence
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I have all their albums. Beautiful, beautiful work. My favourite album will have to be, "The Earth Is Not A Cold, Dead Place".
All their albums are great, my favourite is How Strange, Innocence, however they haven't really done anything new in the latest album.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Great band. I've only gotten to see them live on youtube. They sound good and I've heard they are great live.

I've got to agree with 'How Strange, Innocence.' Good album.

What would be your favourite track? A Song For Our Fathers for me.
Page 1 of 4