Any ideas on easy songs to begin learning lead technique? I have a grasp of chords and rythm but would like to start building some lead chops. Any help would be appreciated.
Van Halen - Panama

Ozzy - Crazy Train

Songs wont teach you as nearly as good as individual exercises, but they DO give you insight on what other people are doing, and thats definately a good thing, especially songs by van halen an rhoads... Check out some Dokken (george lynch) and Ratt (warren demartini), these should be used as examples, never copy somes sound just learn the techniques they use.

make your own individual style.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
dude if you're just beginning it go for some like chili peppers or blues solos. starting off with shred is gonna disappoint you cause it's gonna be hard as hell.
Quote by AdayTripper
I don't want to ****ing be known as the guy who **** himself while his whole family came over. It just happened.

Quote by SonOfOsiris
how far would you go with a boy/girl to be able to say to someone "Im am not a virgin!"

????
^ he never said anything about shred, just beginner lead techniques, did you read his post?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Ozzy's Crazy Train, the beginning of Skynyrd's Freebird, and Guns N' Roses' Nightrain.
Black Sabbath solos are pretty basic, but sound great. Check out the song Paranoid.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.