Hey everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on scales?

Right now, I'm working on becoming a better soloist. I really lack when it comes to solo creativity, as well as even being able to play them.

I figured, if I knew more about them, it would make things a lot easier for me.

So, I guess, does anyone know any good beginner scales? Any kinda scale that could sound good as a beginner kind of solo.

Also, does anyone have any good websites that help with scales and such?

Thanks. :]

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
im guessing you already know the penatonic scale? if not, start with that. it's the easiest and most used scale in rock/blues. There are a couple lessons on this site about it too. There is also a lesson about a method called The Hopscotch Method. Go check it out because it introduces more scales and how you can connect them on the guitar neck while soloing
Oh, cool. I appreciate it.

But which pentatonic scale? There's major, minor, blues, and like... Neutral, I think.

And for which key? Does it matter?

EDIT: Can you give an example?

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
Quote by Ahh Shaith
Oh, cool. I appreciate it.

But which pentatonic scale? There's major, minor, blues, and like... Neutral, I think.

And for which key? Does it matter?

EDIT: Can you give an example?

Learn the minor pentatonic scale positions while you're learning the theory behind major scale construction - that'll give enough time to get to grips with playing scale positions and develop your own phrasing style and how you think you're going to move around the fretboard... meanwhile, you've also go the theory nailed to learn any scale you ever want to learn.

Then, the path you go down is your own, and you have your own scales to choose.
the minor penatonic is the most used scale. but that doesn't mean it's the only one out there. my mistake in starting to solo was i stayed refined to the minor penatonic scale. So i have trouble going out of it. So i recommend studying other scales while using the penatonic scale. And yes it can be used in any key. For instance:

The G Penatonic scale would be:

--3--------6-----
--3--------6-----
--3------5-------
--3------5-------
--3------5-------
--3--------6-----

the key of G starts on the third fret of the low E string(fattest string).

E-open E, F-first fret, G-3rd fret, A-fifth fret (or open A string), and sooo on...im sure you can find different keys in some lessons on this site.

If you need further help, feel free to email me.
Pentatonic 1st.

I learned the diatonic scales 1st is that wierd?

I know both Dia. and Penta.
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late