Yes you can, i think. But you can't do it the other way around.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
it's fine but u'll get a deep bassy sound.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
You can do it, but shouldn't do the reverse method (bass to guitar amp)
Evening_crow..put the bunny back in the box..lol
Erm... Why can't you play a bass through a guitar amp?
I've done it a lot, and there's no real problems with either, the amp or bass
You actually can play a bass through a guitar amp, but you shouldn't, because you can blow out the cone really quickly. THe cone of a guitar amp is not deep enough for the vibrations required and made by basses. But to the thread starter, guitars can go through bass amps, no problem. Just what everyone else said...."Bassy"
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
my first guitar actually came with a bass amp and bass gig bag...how sad that silvertone can't even afford to stock their packages with decent sounding amps or at the very least, the right case...and how sad that i actually bought it
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
I do.

but that's because it's a Marshall MG
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by steveclark1212
iiight i got a question 2 can u play bass through electric?

Search button, this question used to be asked on a daily basis pretty much.

And you can play a guitar thru a bass amp, but I don't recommend it because I did it with my old GK Backline 115 combo and playing on the 3 higher strings it sounded like my speaker was being pushed way past it's limits.

If you are going to play a guitar through a bass amp I would only do it with a 4x10 or a smaller practice amp, like a 1x8 or 1x10.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
well seeing as ur bass can pretty much cover all the regular notes up to the 12th fret high E of a guitar, guitar through bass amp isnt that bad. as long as you dont do lots of harmonics on high strings or really go up to the high registers too often you wont hav too much a problem (also kinda depends on the quality of ur amp).
that explains why my little marshall stopped working after i played my bass through it, it was before i got my behringer.
were all a bunch of brothers livin in a cool way along with 6 million others in a place called L.A. --out in L.A. by rhcp
Kyuss & Queens of the Stoneage play guitars through Mesa Boogie bass amps. So, yes!
Sometimes, when i'm really lazy, I play my bass through my sister's 15W marshall guitar amp. it's fairly old as long as i dont play the e string or lower, it's fine.
Quote by bassnutz
Kyuss & Queens of the Stoneage play guitars through Mesa Boogie bass amps. So, yes!

They use Ampeg, not that Mesa shit!