i really need help with finding good scales for solos. does anyone have any?
D.M.SDarkened Mind Syndrome
The Minor Pentatonic is a good way to start.
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
it all depends on the feeling you want to create in your solo, as well as the chord progression behind it...it also varies greatly depending on what style of music you're looking to play...it's very subjective, perhaps you could be more specific?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
ok say the chord progression is Eminor, C, D, G then what scale would be good im just starting to learn to solo so work with me here
or wait go to the unsigned band section and listen to the darkened mind syndrome- only you and tell me what a good scale would be for that
well, E minor is the aeolian mode in the key of G major - theoretically you can use any one of the modes

G Ionian
A Dorian
B Phrygian
C Lydian
D Mixolydian
E Aeolian
F# Locrian

however, there's more to it than that...if your chord progression is minor-sounding, you would be best off using a minor-based mode i.e. Dorian, Phrygian, Aeolian

now, since you're using C, D, G, it'd be best to start off with C lydian over the C chord, D mixolydian over the D chord, and G ionian over the G chord...this is very basic, but it should be enough to get you started and at least get the basic idea behind it
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.