i was thinking about getting a distortion pedal but im still confused if all the sound come the pedal or if its the amp and the pedal....i dont know if i worded it right but try and understand
Lamb Of God
it's both, pretty much. a distortion pedal should be able to get you enough distortion without any help from the amp, but you can also use it to boost the distortion that the amp already has as well.

basically, what amp and guitar do you currently have, what type of tones do you want from the pedal, and how much cash are you willing to spend on it?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i mostly want a lamb of god tone, dont really want to spend more than $100

so if theres a pedal anyone knows about that sounds like lamb of god i wanna know about it
Lamb Of God
Last edited by Rocker...sorta at Aug 8, 2006,
Good God! what is it with people only answering fractions of your questions?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ exactly. but they expect us to not be lazy and answer their questions...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, here's a question to those that know the answer:

I'm running a BC Rich Warlock (bronze) with stock dual humbuckers, and another Warlock (platinum) with EMG 81's and 60's with a Spider II 112 amp, any suggestions on a good amp or are the built in effects good enough? To be honest I haven't picked up the amp from the store yet, and I too want to get sort of a Lamb of God tone if possible, should I get a pedal or should the amp do fine?

Price/money limit: less then 300 canadian (for pedal, which is a ****load, but I'm a pessimist )
Last edited by cptazad at Aug 9, 2006,
^ maybe try the roalnd cube 30 as well, to see if it does the metal tones better? use the recto model...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have a cheap Jackson guitar (somewhere in the Js series) but i might buy a RR3 Rhandy Rhoads guitar soon... and the amp is accually a funny story cuz i went to a music store and played a MG100hdfx and I asked about just ordering a combo instead of the stack so he orderd it, i came back and he orderd 2 (One for his shop) and i took the amp home, twisted some knobs and wasnt too happy so i called back and asked about returning it and he said "well i already got one but if i can sell it il call you and il get yours back".....so ya for now i gotta make use with it
Lamb Of God
^Thats sucks. If you get impatient with him, ebay the amp
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
what do mg's sell like on there cuz il probly get ripped off again and jump in a well
Lamb Of God