This guitar is a Mighty Mite Ash strat replacement body and a Mighty Mite Maple strat replacement neck that I bought off eBay. That cost about $250. I got the large strat headstock so that I would have a lot to work with because I will be reshaping it.

I decided that I would try using a woodburning pen on it and it's turning out okay. It is my first time using a woodburning tool. The problem is there is a lot of grain in Ash so I will be filling it with grain filler after I'm done the designs so they will be filled also which will give it a cool look (hopefully, but I think it will turn out okay). I'm also going to stain it after but I haven't decided what shade yet.

I'm thinking of using that pickguard, it's not done being painted but you get the idea, there's still some touch ups left to do.

I'm thinking of putting an EMG 89 in there because it has both single and dual coil. We'll see, that will be another $100+.

I have a Black wilkinson bridge that I will be installing. Probably Black Sperzels too.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thats basically it for now I think. I'm going to go drill the holes for the neck and pickguard and possibly the bridge. I have never installed this kind of bridge before. I know it's just two large holes but I dunno. Anyone have any tips or links to some instructions or something? That would be great. I'll probably figure it out though.

PS - check out my website to see our only completed guitar (right now we have 4 in progress, pics soon)
Last edited by muikoma at Aug 8, 2006,
I'm digging that a lot... looks really really cool. Did you freestyle the burning or did you draw out a pattern before you started? Same question about the pickguard?
Hai UG!
Nope, totally freestyling. The back doesn't look as cool because I was just getting to know the burning tool. But we'll see how it looks in the end.
Looks so damn amazing.
I'm telling you,if Eddie Van Halen would see this guitar he would offer you a lot of money for it.
Thank you, it will look a lot better when it's done.
Last edited by muikoma at Aug 9, 2006,
Does anyone know what is good to use to fill the grain with? I have LePage tinted wood filler and it works it's just pretty thick and difficult to put on. I've also tried using wood glue which i think will work but it wont fill in the burn marks. I sort of want the burn marks to be filled in in some places because it makes it look a little cooler, especially on the back because the marks are not as good there. But if anyone can point me in a good direction that would be awesome.

Also - The pre drilled holes on the body for the neck are just a little too big for the screws to catch onto any wood so if I installed the neck this way the screws would only be grabbing wood in the neck, which would probably be sufficient but should I fill the holes a bit just to make the screws catch in the body too?
Quote by UniverseZero
what did you use to paint the pickguard?

I sanded the gloss off it and sprayed it with BIN primer. I used Testors and Humbrol model car paints and DecoColor paint pens. When I'm done I will seal it with Krylon clear acrylic glaze. It works best of everything I've tried.
Quote by muikoma
Does anyone know what is good to use to fill the grain with? I have LePage tinted wood filler and it works it's just pretty thick and difficult to put on. I've also tried using wood glue which i think will work but it wont fill in the burn marks. I sort of want the burn marks to be filled in in some places because it makes it look a little cooler, especially on the back because the marks are not as good there. But if anyone can point me in a good direction that would be awesome.

Also - The pre drilled holes on the body for the neck are just a little too big for the screws to catch onto any wood so if I installed the neck this way the screws would only be grabbing wood in the neck, which would probably be sufficient but should I fill the holes a bit just to make the screws catch in the body too?

yeah, i would try and find a way to make sure that those screw are biting into that would firm, you want all the sustain you can get, and the better the connection to the body, the better the sustain.
^ LOL I keep watching your avatar and I don't understand why he fell and why he is slipping??

How much would one of those pickguards go for?
Hai UG!
As much as someone is willing to pay...$80? $70? depends on how much time was spent on it I guess. I have lots of brand new ALLPARTS strat and tele guards of all different pickup config if anyone wants one made
Quote by L_Z_Nut
^ LOL I keep watching your avatar and I don't understand why he fell and why he is slipping??

How much would one of those pickguards go for?

haha, he has a rope tied around his leg, he goes out onto the ice to pee, his friends pull on the rope, he falls flat on his face (and other parts) and getsdraggedalong the ice back to the bank for no particular reason
Oouuuch... ice filled crotch scrape, that's gotta hurt. Some people are so damn stupid.
Hai UG!