What exactly is this chord prog?

I can't even think what it could be... the D is what really throws me off.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
most likely C major...the D isn't in key, but it's only one note, just to add some chromaticism possibly
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
'What is it?' I don't get that question.

It's a minor i-iv until that Dmaj comes in. There's nothing to explain it... the artist saw it fit to use it.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by axe_grinder247
most likely C major...the D isn't in key, but it's only one note, just to add some chromaticism possibly

the D is the V of V. It's pretty easy to go to G major, add the next sharp in the circle of 5ths and steal the V chord.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Quote by redwing_suck
'What is it?' I don't get that question.

It's a minor i-iv until that Dmaj comes in. There's nothing to explain it... the artist saw it fit to use it.

I was just asking because I've seen it a ton of times and couldn't figure it out.

so it's just chromatics... I thought there was some weird secondary dominance involved *doh* [/n00b theorist]

Simple rig fan.
Quote by scheck006
dude I told you what it was

ah, I missed it. Thanks a lot!

Simple rig fan.
Quote by scheck006
dude I told you what it was
Except you're not right. It's i-iv in Am with a borrowed major IV. Indicated by the second inversion A following it, not G. The expected continuation is (Em/E/E7) - Am, or substitutions and similarities.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club