Page 1 of 2
So, I was listening to my old Blink-182 albums earlier, as well as some Green Day, a bit of MxPX and stuff like that and I realised...theres not a lot of stuff like that anymore.

I mean, yes theres pop punk but a lot of music has grown in many ways, joining with other forms of instruments as well as genres. Bands use screams, some use synths...and so on... but how many bands are there around that are just plain-old pop punk.

If so, please share, cos im in the mood to listen.

Share!

Jon x
whoa......you ARE a mod! well, i would say that a lot of millencolin's stuff is pop-punk, as well as goldfinger, if you didn't go "mleh" and call them both some form of ska. i think they're pretty pop-punk.

EDIT: jon, i just realized. my title was reset.....so i WAS banned for a little while!
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
, I stopped when I read something about three dragons being in you or something.

Quote by Metal claw
Paris Hilton looks like Dave Mustaine to me.
Screeching weasel, ramones, descendents, the vandals, NOFX, The dickies, the bouncing souls are all great pop punk bands.
billy talent? lmao idk. theyre punk and popular without having to resort to the emo crossover
I own. Everything I like owns. Live with it.
SYG are a bit more hardcore......kinda.

But yeah what the **** happened to pop punk? I kinda miss it.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by RHCPhysco8

But yeah what the **** happened to pop punk? I kinda miss it.

I think it died when one of the most pop-punk bands EVER released one of the most un-pop-punk albums ever (blink-182 - ST)

Hopefully we might see a resurgence when Rancid release their new CD [/wishfullthinking]
i guess you can't help that music is evolving. but there will always be some form of the music that WE ONCE LOVED SO MUCH.

i hate most of the new pop punk **** though. this is one of the ones i like
http://www.purevolume.com/schoolboyhumor
back to the good old days when singers sounded like girls and sang about cliche love

*daydream*
Quote by StuartR
They kick ass though.

This is true.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024

Quote by fake_sk8r182
The first song screamed "Nothing Gold Can Stay" era New Found Glory...THANK YOU

That was so kickass it's like Jordan with some I dunno John Nolan-esque back up singer it just makes me all warm inside to listen to it...
Yeah, i was feeling like i needed a new poppunk band to listen too yesterday. And luckily (i can never find new good poppunk) I found The space pimps. They are my new poppunk fix for the time being.

EDIT: They are Generic in all the best ways. Teenage Poppunk rules...
Last edited by thegeoff at Aug 12, 2006,
i actually managed to dig my old new found glory CD's. hit and miss is still so classic.
rites of nothing.
I loooooovvve Hit and Miss

Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024

NFG have so many good songs like truth of my youth, understatement, dressed to kill and they have some of the best covers to. I love the dvd this disaster live from london
Quote by musiclover2399
Man NO ONE likes the self titled album damn it I really liked it!

i liked the self-titled album, but not as a blink-182 album. it was too... different... i can see how Tom went from that to AVA tho...
Emo Side Project ftw!

If Andrew's doing it, then www.myspace.com/danedwill
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Aug 16, 2006,
Lagwagon
NOFX
Bouncing Souls
Apocolypse Hoboken
the Devil Is Electric
Operation: Chris Claven
Lawrence Arms
Latterman
the Dickies
the Queers
the Briefs

Latterman are absolutely amazing. Everyone here needs to check them out.
The Queers
Screeching Weasel
The Descendents
Good Riddance
Mr.T Experience

That's pretty much the only pop-punk i listen to.
Randy
The Pink Spiders
The Soviettes
The Ergs!

All great, old fashioned pop-punk bands that are still around, and each with an album released withing the last year.
Well...pop-punk...I'll just make a list. Some of these bands are not very well known. Also, please note that some of these bands are no longer considered pop-punk. Putting bands into just the "pop-punk" genre is getting harder these days, due to the heavy emo influence, with bands like Brand New, etc. Well, I hope this helps you out.

1. Trendy
2. Mxpx
3. Blink 182
4. Guttermouth
5. The Crippling Effect ( more skate-punk though)
6. Nofx (some of it)
7. Daly's Gone Wrong ( somewhat ska/hardcore)
8. Pride of Ownership (old stuff)
10. Saves the Day (OLD STUFF)
12. Diluted Society (sorta)
13. Amber Pacific ( though a bit emo)
14. Starstruck
15. Threefoot
16. One Last Time
17. Fall Out Boy (OLD STUFF FROM "take this to your grave")
18. Sum 41 ( OLD, as in "Fat Lip," "In too Deep," etc)
19. Gameface ( old stuff from "Always On," but kinda emo too)
20. Punchline
21. The Ataris (though some call them Alternative rock)
22. Goldfinger (though some call them ska, some poppy songs)
23. Simple Plan
24. Jimmy Eat World (somewhat alternative rock, though)
25. Green Day ( especially "Dookie")
26. Less Than Jake (with some ska influence though)
27. Side Walk Slam
28. Fenix TX (old stuff)
29. Homegrown
30. Useless ID (Kind of)
Quote by bandgeek10
Well...pop-punk...I'll just make a list. Some of these bands are not very well known. Also, please note that some of these bands are no longer considered pop-punk. Putting bands into just the "pop-punk" genre is getting harder these days, due to the heavy emo influence, with bands like Brand New, etc. Well, I hope this helps you out.

That's what I think happened to lots of pop-punk bands, I consider Brand New and Taking Back Sunday's first albums to be pop-punk and then they moved on to the more emo scene and now they continue to evolve, Brand New in a more indie direction and Taking Back Sunday as more modern rock. And of course there's the band that got me hooked on pop-punk, Sum 41 who have definitely gotten a more metal sound. Those that never moved on just stopped basically, Blink 182 split up, New Found Glory hasn't put anything out for a while. Although I suppose Bowling For Soup would probably answer the threadstarter's question is the most mainstream pop-punk band out there right now. Although I just don't really now how to label Green Day I wouldn't call American Idiot pop-punk though I just can't label them but then again **** labels.
Last edited by NGD1313 at Aug 19, 2006,
A whole thread and no one has mentioned the best pop punk band ever: NORTHSTAR.
Quote by Dobbin87
A whole thread and no one has mentioned the best pop punk band ever: NORTHSTAR.
Northstar are indeed awesome.
Page 1 of 2