Page 1 of 2
so what are u peoples learning at the moment lol?
zakk wylde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by sloppyjoe24
you can't trust girls on the internet because 75% of the time, they're actually men!
Sweet child o mine solo. Kind of hard when only been playing for 7 months.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky Strings
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
john mayer neon cuz im bored
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
hey cool im a beginner to i been playing for 2 months now but i learn quick lol

Quote by sloppyjoe24
you can't trust girls on the internet because 75% of the time, they're actually men!
Joe Satriani, Surfing With the Alien, its a nice challenge but i'm getting through it, not to brag but i've only been playing 10 months
also the guitarists i know where like "who the f***s joe satriani? i bet hes like some crappy power chord raper" I was like :-o "how dare you say that? i will find a wet fish, and slap you back to smells like teen spirit as its practically the only thing you can play" theres a girl who thinks shes so great when the hardest thing she can play is the ace of spades solo and say i'm crap, shes near on 2 years now and i'm on 10 months and i'm better than her
im learnin number of the beast - iron maiden - and gettin those palm mutes, i tell ya, its worse than what the song describes.
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
hehe layla is a hardish 1 too many hammer ons lol

Quote by sloppyjoe24
- layla is easy dude
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
yeah it is now lol i only been playing for 2 months and it was basically my first hammer on song so it was hard at first

Quote by sloppyjoe24
o lol nvm then, 2 months and u can play the layla riff, at 2 months i was playin with the guitar flat on my lap an fingerin with my thumb lol.
lol oh ok well thats different lol can u play any nirvana?

Quote by sloppyjoe24
i can play all nirvana - id stay away from them tho, not very talented
yeah but they are pretty cool tho worth tryna learn lol

Quote by sloppyjoe24
Tell Me Baby-RHCP

I stick with pretty easy stuff, as I don't really care for anything else that's frustrating for me. I just play stuff I like.
Crazy train by Ozzy, im up to the solo now.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Master of Puppets...can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to it.

Threadstarter - could you try saying "lol" less, please? I know it sounds mean, but it's genuinely annoying, cheers. As for Nirvana, Teen Spirit's worth learning to help with powerchords and muting, but if you're trying to advance your playing, they won't help you too much - however if you love their music, and just want to be able to play the tunes you're into, by all means go for it.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Cold Shot-Stevie Ray Vaughan
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
paganini's 5th Caprice in A minor on electric. its sweet it's like 11 notes per second constently.
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Last edited by Csquared1001 at Aug 8, 2006,
Quote by Punk_Ninja
^ the tapping part of the crazy train solo fething rocks, its also a crowd pleaser, well a crowd of 14-18 year olds

the tapping part imo is the easiest part of the whole damn song
^doesn't stop it kicking ass. The Smoke on the Water riff kicks huge amount of ass...
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
I've only been playing for a few months like some, I'm trying some Tears in Heaven by Clapton and More Than Words by Extreme.
My dad had a bet that I couldn't learn Quardrophenia (song) by the Who in 5 months. I started today and have a couple of notes down.
hey cool i just started to learn nothing else matters by metallica lol pretty easy

Quote by sloppyjoe24
saying nirvana aren't very talented is veryyy inaccurate. simply put it takes A LOT of talent to be able to be a very succesful, original rock band that has pretty much national status. now if u meant their songs arent' all very difficult that is completely different. but postin that a band isn't very talented b/c their songs are easy to learn is pretty much like slapping their reputation/hard work/fan base in the face. u know that word "untalented" get's thrown around a lot in this site...but i think people aren't exactly using the right words to say wut they mean. when you've gotten a few years behind you on guitar playing u will realize how much work it takes to create a successful song. i just thought i'd put my word in b/c it's helpful. well yall keep rockin and dont lose the inspiration to get better! i CANNOT live w/out my guitars!!!
currently im learning as much blues phrasing as i can think of and trying to learn some slash-style phrasing
hey nice words of inspiration lol u shud see this dork having ago at me on my other thread moaning cos theres 2 of the same thread lol

Quote by sloppyjoe24
Latley Iv been trying to get the solos down on Mr Crowley, by Ozzy. I almost got them pretty good, but they are still really hard.
i am learning the greatest song that nobody wants to play
JOHN THE FISHERMAN BY PRIMUS
FTW
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
seize the day - avenged sevenfold
welcome home - coheed and cambria
99 red balloons - goldfinger

only been playing for 6 months so give me a break
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
I'm learning how to scream Kill Caustic by AFI and learning to play a bunch of improv stuff.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
Children Of Bodom - Vivaldi - Summer, on their passage to the reaper video.
Adagio - Fire Forever

Sweep picking in general.
Just finished learning For whom the bell tolls and now either Cowboys from hell or Ace of spades.
F.T.W
Quote by caughtinamosh
i am learning the greatest song that nobody wants to play
JOHN THE FISHERMAN BY PRIMUS
FTW

actually i also want to play it

LER LALONDE IS GOD
yeah.
Funny, i recently got a set of straplocks cause my dad didnt think i could play eruption. Now, im learning all of songs by a local band called Axios. Go listen. I love them.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Page 1 of 2