hey,
been looking in to alot of options for a replacement amp in the last few weeks, very extencivle coz i dont wanna get the " MG ripoff" again so for a time i was looking in to multi effets with speakers and then heads and cabs, but i dont gig so not alot of point in that.

anyway i have come to the DLS-401 at last, there suposed to be some of the best amps ever made...or so i have herd. if there good enough for muse they must be good enough for me but i dunno.

see i play metal and all the reviews say that it can handle no probs. its all tube and quite cheep in comparisan to some of the other amps i have seen.

i play mostly metallica, seether, linkenpark, bullit for my valentine, in flames, lacuna coil, nickleback, muse,and some of my own songs that are in similer style.

i figerd i might need an overdrive pedal (can u use a DS-1 as an overdive pedal?)
like possibly a Ts-9DX

so could u guys give me some pointers, and possibly suggest some other amps for my style that wont break the bank i can get the 401 for about £400 so i dont really want to go over that price

thanx for any hepl guys
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
Quote by Alex2zulu
i figerd i might need an overdrive pedal (can u use a DS-1 as an overdive pedal?)
like possibly a Ts-9DX

If you want an overdrive pedal, get a Boss SD-1 as opposed to a DS-1 (which is distortion)
i wouldn't say the dsl401 is one of the best amps ever made...

for £400, for predominantly hard rock and metal, at roughly £400, unless you go second hand, you basically have the ashdown fallen angel 40 watt combo, the radall rg50tc combo, and the marshall- you just really need to try them to see which you prefer...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i know the best way is to try them out but the local music shop is pritty limited they got loads of crap and i mean actual crap i think the best stuff they got in there is a peavey 5150 head and cab and a XXX head, then the standard JCM 2000 series exept the DSL 401 but i liked the TSL combos but there lots of money and its gonna be a while b4 i see that much money.

so i guess i could get on the train to next town witch has some good gear (the actual shop of the Guitar, amp and keybored center in brighton)

but i dont wanna go anyplace with out knowing if they have anything worth trying...thats y im hear

isnt the fallen angel a hybrid amp anyway ?

so keep em coming please and thanx for the advise so far
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
^ i think you can get the fallen angel in both hybrid and all-tube versions now. I mean the all-tube version...

you can check www.gak.co.uk, you could get their phone number or email address from there to make sure they have what you want to try in stock before making a one-errand journey...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?